Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAB/Knock Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAB/Knock Wiring

I have a q? regarding wiring a b18c1 (obd1) into a 92 civic cx.

I know that I need to run a wire from the knock sensor to the computer, but I was hoping that someone might know a link to a good scematic diagram that I can easily read, and give a detailed description of the path that I should use to connect the wire to the pin in the ecu (I do not need to see the picture of the pin out, I already have that).

I used the paper clip trick and the only engine code I was throwing was "23" - knock sensor. It is my understanding that I also need to wire IABs, but I've been told that I don't actually have to do this for the motor to perform properly. Could someone please explain the funtion of the IABs, or secondary butterflies, and let me know any advantages, disadvantages of hooking it up or bipassing IABs altogether. Then, please offer instructions on how to wire the IABs in case I chose to do so (ie. where does this wire come from, start, go through to get to the comp, etc - in as much detail as possible).

Thanks
Old 01-05-2004, 03:55 PM

Default Re: IAB/Knock Wiring (jlsmi2)

there are many things on this listed on the net...

my problem is my knock sensor.. its throwing 23.. and i rewired it 4 or 5 times.. with a shielded ground wire too... still have same problem... at first theres no codes but after i drive it for a while then it comes on and i check then the codes come back on again..

i think im gona go get the chasis harness and swap it out... im mad...
Old 01-09-2004, 09:05 AM

Default Re: IAB/Knock Wiring (jlsmi2)

well, there really isn't all that much available on it one the net...first off the only schematic i could find for the gsr motor (came from asu.edu and was the scematic offered on a few sites) was completely blurry so you can't see where the wires go to from the comp.

of course I could find the pin out information, but of course there is no information available on what to do with the blk/yel wire that is paired with the pink (not pink/blue as indicated in all the pin out charts) IAB sol wire that was wired to the computer.

I've asked around and was told that this wire goes to the 12v (ign switch) which is hot, while someone else told me that it goes to a ground. Now, since I have a good scematic, it looks like it may be a ground, but someone did suggest that it goes to the ign and a blk/yel wire seems to be a suspicious color, just to be grounded.

any ideas?