Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I still can't seem to find this erratic idle problem....

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I still can't seem to find this erratic idle problem....

92 B17 in a 93 CX hatch. Doesn't seem to matter if I run the Mugen chipped P28 or the stock P61, the idle bounces around 500-800rpms all the time. Sometimes it goes away, but never for longer then 3-4 stops. I have changed the intake manifold, intake manifold gasket, throttle body gasket, vacuum hoses, fuel rail, injector seals, intake temp sensor and idle air control valve all with the same results. I did get it to go away once, don't know how... But after I reset the ECU, it came back. Any ideas on what could cause this or is it just the long term fuel maps needing to be adjusted by the ECU?
Old 08-30-2003, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I still can't seem to find this erratic idle problem.... (Hybrid93Eg)

how is it ur reseting the ecu?? after u reset it do you start the car and let it idle for awhile?? u need to make sure you don't touch anything and have everything off, cuz the ecu needs to take in all base levels.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I still can't seem to find this erratic idle problem.... (Hybrid93Eg)

ru gettong any codes cause my car did it for a long time it was the egr wireong if u dont wire the o2 sensor right it causes this let me know if u have a code and i might be able to help goodluck
Old 08-31-2003, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I still can't seem to find this erratic idle problem.... (SlOwCrXbUtUbNbEaT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlOwCrXbUtUbNbEaT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ru gettong any codes cause my car did it for a long time it was the egr wireong if u dont wire the o2 sensor right it causes this let me know if u have a code and i might be able to help goodluck </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope. No codes. The CX doesn't use an EGR either. So thats not the issue.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I still can't seem to find this erratic idle problem.... (DAMCOOLDAV)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DAMCOOLDAV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how is it ur reseting the ecu?? after u reset it do you start the car and let it idle for awhile?? u need to make sure you don't touch anything and have everything off, cuz the ecu needs to take in all base levels.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unplugged it completely, let it sit, fired it up, let it learn, turned it off. Didn't hit anything. You also don't need allow it time to learn as the ECU will learn as you drive.