Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really need wiring help, I'm in a pickle. JDM B16, 93 Civic CX, 94 ex harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really need wiring help, I'm in a pickle. JDM B16, 93 Civic CX, 94 ex harness

Im going to try to make this as thorough as possible so you understand the situation completely.

I ordered a JDM second gen B16 from Steve at HMO. We swapped it into my 93 Civic CX and used a stock 94 Civic EX engine harness. We thought we may have had an extra plug somewhere but after checking we did not.

When we started up the car for the first time, I burned the Q31 on my Kenji chipped p28 (the car was throwing the IAT code 10). After talking to Kenji, he told me that the reason I burned up the Q31 is because on a Civic EX, both the PCS and the IAT go into the intake manifold and they have the same style plug so it's easy to mix them up, and if you do happen to mix them up, you fry your Q31 on your ECU. Kenji's solution for the problem was find the plug that is supposed to go to the IAT and switch them. Well I don't have an extra plug hanging anywhere on my engine harness. Kenji assured me there has to be one there, but I don't have one, I have no clue why.

So the wires going into the plug I have plugged into my IAT on the manifold are yellow/black and red. Yellow/black is always power and red (according to my wiring printout I have) is EVAP PCS.

This is what I did: I unpinned the red wire from A20 and I also unpinned red/yellow (IAT) from D15. I taped off the red/yellow IAT wire and moved the red PCS wire into D15 where the IAT is supposed to be. This way I have whatever plug I have plugged into my IAT sensor on the manifolds colors matched on the ECU side.

The problem is, Kenji told me this is not a good idea. I was wondering if any of you guys know how I should solve my problem? Because I don't want to fry my p28 again because Kenji already fixed it for me and it's on it's way back to me as I write this post.

I hope this was as clear as possible, please let me know if you need more info.

Milan
Old 07-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I really need wiring help, I'm in a pickle. JDM B16, 93 Civic CX, 94 ex harness (GetawayInMoscow

It is possible to come up with a solution using the method you described.

You would have to look at another IAT plug on another car, make sure the wire location in the plug is correct (signal & ground), run the signal (red/yel) wire to the ECU, run the other wire to ground (or sensor ground at the ECU plug).

The ideal solution would be to find the IAT plug and plug it right up. It has to be on the harness. There is no way it could just disappear.

-kenji