Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I kno you guys seen this topic but PLEASE HELP I really need it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I kno you guys seen this topic but PLEASE HELP I really need it!

I used the search button but i cant find wut im lookin for....i have a 94 GSR but with no motor car was not salvaged or anything of that sort..the guy i bought it off took the B18 out to put in his hatch...then he put the Integra for sale mint condition but thats not wut i want to kno so let me get to the point......I want to perform a LS/VTEC swap i kno ur thinkin oh theres plently of topics but listen...i want to kno how reliable it will be to daily drive and race at the track??? can i wake up every morning and start it with no problems i kno it depends how its built but wut if i had a LS Block, GSR Tranny, B16 head, Type R Intake Manifold, DC Headers, and my friend was tellin me about how i have to get something done to have vtec activate or something like that...sorry im such a noob on this kind of swap i used to have a GSR EK but i sold it..and i wanted to step up and do something different...can someone tell me if that would be reliable what i jus told u ??? thanks
Old 05-18-2003, 07:32 AM

Default Re: I kno you guys seen this topic but PLEASE HELP I really need it! (JdmHybrid.)

cause i want it to start with no problems or anything...i kno it can be done because my friend has a 12 sec Ls Vtec EF Hatch and he drives it everyday
Old 05-18-2003, 08:32 AM
StreetRacnGsR

Default Re: I kno you guys seen this topic but PLEASE HELP I really need it! (JdmHybrid.)

Get a GSR or ITR swap LS vtec suck. dont waste the money on buying one and putting it all togather. it also have les HP than a gsr stock.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:46 AM

Default Re: I kno you guys seen this topic but PLEASE HELP I really need it! (StreetRacnGsR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StreetRacnGsR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a GSR or ITR swap LS vtec suck. dont waste the money on buying one and putting it all togather. it also have les HP than a gsr stock.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why does LS/VTEC suck again??

And it should be fine for what you're saying. You have to prep the head but I'm not sure of any extra wiring or anything that you mentioned.

I'm sure more LS/VTEC people will come in soon. Free bump.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:37 AM

Default Re: I kno you guys seen this topic but PLEASE HELP I really need it! (sappsycho)

yea let me bump
Old 05-18-2003, 09:38 AM

Default Re: I kno you guys seen this topic but PLEASE HELP I really need it! (StreetRacnGsR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StreetRacnGsR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get a GSR or ITR swap LS vtec suck. dont waste the money on buying one and putting it all togather. it also have les HP than a gsr stock.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

A Integra wit a LS Vtec swap will Murder a Stock Integra GSR so much more torque
im not building it by myself this shop i kno of it gunna build it...i jus wanna kno its gunna be reliable for me to drive it everyday..and hit the track with it
Old 05-18-2003, 02:10 PM

any help anyone
Old 05-18-2003, 02:41 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha. Put it this way. Back in 1998 I have a LS/VTEC in my CRX and took it to the dyno with just DC 4-2-1 header, custom/crappy 2.25" exhaust, and DC DAC intake pipe. With the stock PR3 ECU, and a YS1 GSR tranny, and Negative 5 degrees ignition timing (11 degrees TDC..... don't ask ), my car was pulling consistent 159-161 hp to the wheels. Everything was bone stock (stock B16A head, B16A cams, stock LS block w/LS pistons). I've seen stock B18C GSR motors put down 145-160 max to the wheels (usually around the 150-155 range). Hell, if I had the cash, I'd get a B18C GSR motor and build that up but since I already a LS swap w/YS1 tranny, I just got a B16 head and went with that.

Old 05-18-2003, 03:20 PM

Dude, if you know so much about it, if you know that the Ls/Vtec will murder the stock GSR, then why are you asking any questions??? I think for what you are looking to do, swap in an H22, leave it stock. Plenty of power/torque...and all the relability you want. I think that the minimal weight gain of the H22 outweighs the reliability issues of the Ls/Vtec...Either way, good luck
Old 05-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Banned

Default Re: (bigblockEG)

h22a weighs what 75 pounds more than a b18??? not that much, considering the power your gaining...
Old 05-18-2003, 10:17 PM

Default Re: (Irishweird00)

I got a gsr in my eg coupe and am totaly happy. I have a few friends with als/vtec and a cr-vtec and they've had nothing but problems. Plus, if you live in ca. then the ls/vtec setup isn't gonna cut it with the smog people. Save yourself a headache, go gsr.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, ls/vtec's are fast. I just like the gsr.