Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I keep breaking Gator Racing Axles!! 3 Sets now and Im finished with em!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I keep breaking Gator Racing Axles!! 3 Sets, Im finished with em!! WHATS YOUR GATOR NIGHTMARE?

I must say that I am highly dissapointed with the quality of the so called "Gator Racing Axles". I have a stock H22 EG hatchback that keeps breaking Gator Stage 2 axles. They are supposed to be rated at 475 whp, but I really dont think so. My axles are at the correct alignment, I have the correct motor mounts , and I still keep breaking axles. I guesss what I am just trying to say is that I would not recommend Gator Axles to my worst enemy. It is just too aggravating ending a good day a the track for a stupid busted axle. I am going Driveshaft Shop which I know dont break every other launch like Gators!!!! I am not one for badmouthing a product but after 3 sets and Mr. Gator Glenn Wilson being an ******* the last time on the phone I have all rights to talk about his sorry good for nothing so called RACING AXLES!!

1. The 1st axle broke off the Splined end in the wheel hub.
2. The 2nd axle broke off in the boot near the tranny.
3. The 3rd axle broke off right in the center of the shaft.

PLEASE LET ME HEAR YOUR OPINION ON THE " Gator Racing Axles".
Thanks

Modified by h22civ at 2:25 PM 1/19/2007
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I keep breaking Gator Racing Axles!! 3 Sets, Im finished with em!! WHATS YOUR GATOR NIGHTMARE?

Well obviously you know mister gator better than I do! I just talked to him and he said he would make me a custom axle for my hatch cause my drivers side axle is too long, (h22a) and now that you are saying these thing I think I may just go with dss, sorry bro that is shitty to hear but I personally thank you for speaking your mind.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

using slicks? wheel spacers? ive heard people axle breaking problems fix if they torque down the axle nut and lugnuts to spec.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I keep breaking Gator Racing Axles!! 3 Sets, Im finished with em!! WHATS YOUR GATOR NIGHTMARE?

its been discussed before but heres some more info
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1848689
Old 12-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oops double post

Last edited by Targa4Life; 01-09-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I broke my Gator axles during a road race. There was a slight dip in the road cause the car to bounce (I have the footage to prove it was a minor bump) when the inside joint exploded. They are pieces of S**T in my opinion. I should have known they were crap when they showed up to my door and each axle was covered in some stupid Carbon fiber stickers and they did not have the extension that the OEM axles had. Not only that but I received the worst customer service. Gator Glen was a super nice guy willing to help and do anything until I had them bought. There was a manufacturing problem and there was no chamfer in the splines inside the female end causing them to snap in place and never come apart. I though it was good for Glen to call and let me know but when it came to shipping costs he never reimbursed me and then complained and said he would never ship to Canada because there was always problems. HE IS THE ONE WHO F***ed up!!! Idiot! I will NEVER use them again and I hope other who may be thinking about buying please reconsider. I cheap'd out and I should have gone to DSS. You definitely get what you pay for. Although people are saying that for Tarmac racing that brand new OEM axles from Honda are good?? Oh and I almost forgot. After having the Axles in for a week, both the outer CV Boots failed and split wide open... Normal driving conditions, I couldn't believe the mess of grease everywhere.. After fighting with some guy a Gator Axles to tell me what CV boots fit these axles I went to a local parts store, pick up two more and they lasted up to the point that axles failed. Everything about these axles were cheap a shi**y.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:00 PM

haha Just to say I had a friend who kept breakn oem axels in his 00 itr and eventually he bought a set of gators : / THE FIRST SET BROKE LMAO so I ran them back to gator in orlando and exchanged them for a new set and from what I understood some of the axels were defected from gators heat strengthing treatment from what he said and the craziest thing is about a week after the second set on a great night out at brandenton motorsports park crazy fool broke that set and went back to oem axels haha never broke another but he was only puting down like 220 whp with 145ish tq
Old 01-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I keep breaking Gator Racing Axles!! 3 Sets now and Im finished with em!!!!!!!

Yeah I havent heard many good things about Gator, and Ive read quite a few different reviews. Im definitly going with DSS when I get my upgrade.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: I keep breaking Gator Racing Axles!! 3 Sets now and Im finished with em!!!!!!!

Find a custom axle shop near you. I get custom axle shafts made for VERY good deals. Run stock inner/outer joints with Redline CV grease and you have a winning combo for a very good price.

www.dutchmanms.com for example
Old 01-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

we stripped dutchman splines using oem joints, haha. we took them a pair of oem stock axles and they built some shafts to oe spec using the brand new oem stock axles. stripped the splines right off the shafts in about ten runs at 350 whp. we thought maybe a failure in spec, so they inspected them, replaced them for free, happened again in about 20 or so passes, same exact thing. they told me to basically get lost after that.

thats what i get for trying to support a local company.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup i am in the same position with gator axles. This guy is an ******* and has excuses for everything. Broke my second set now and he said he has never seen this in 13-1/2 year. Obviously this is incorrect. Do not use gator axles. He promises the world and then cannot deliver. He will blame the car when it is the axle he just keeps trying to rebuild the axle that has already broken.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dang thanks for comments I was thinking about buying some gator axles. Not now
Old 05-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

either they are some really shitty axles or you arent preloading/just dumping the clutch.

i ran napa axles on my 400hp turbo civic for years and only broke 1 at the hub spline along with guys making 600+

expecially for a stock h22. but i wont be using these anytime soon, stick with dss
Old 10-07-2020, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I keep breaking Gator Racing Axles!! 3 Sets, Im finished with em!! WHATS YOUR G

Originally Posted by h22civ
I must say that I am highly dissapointed with the quality of the so called "Gator Racing Axles". I have a stock H22 EG hatchback that keeps breaking Gator Stage 2 axles. They are supposed to be rated at 475 whp, but I really dont think so. My axles are at the correct alignment, I have the correct motor mounts , and I still keep breaking axles. I guesss what I am just trying to say is that I would not recommend Gator Axles to my worst enemy. It is just too aggravating ending a good day a the track for a stupid busted axle. I am going Driveshaft Shop which I know dont break every other launch like Gators!!!! I am not one for badmouthing a product but after 3 sets and Mr. Gator Glenn Wilson being an ******* the last time on the phone I have all rights to talk about his sorry good for nothing so called RACING AXLES!!

1. The 1st axle broke off the Splined end in the wheel hub.
2. The 2nd axle broke off in the boot near the tranny.
3. The 3rd axle broke off right in the center of the shaft.

PLEASE LET ME HEAR YOUR OPINION ON THE " Gator Racing Axles".
Thanks

Modified by h22civ at 2:25 PM 1/19/2007
I'm the CEO of Gator Axles and Gator Racing Axles in Florida and Missouri... to our competitors who want to smear us, we did not sell Stage II axles in 2007. We only sold medium performance Stage I axles back then that were rated at 400hp, if you're using them on a 475hp car of course they would likely fail. We started our Stage II axle line in 2014 for our own line of 550hp high performance axles. We've never sold Stage III axles. Regards, Gator
Old 11-12-2020, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I keep breaking Gator Racing Axles!! 3 Sets, Im finished with em!! WHATS YOUR G

Originally Posted by GatorAxles
I'm the CEO of Gator Axles and Gator Racing Axles in Florida and Missouri... to our competitors who want to smear us, we did not sell Stage II axles in 2007. We only sold medium performance Stage I axles back then that were rated at 400hp, if you're using them on a 475hp car of course they would likely fail. We started our Stage II axle line in 2014 for our own line of 550hp high performance axles. We've never sold Stage III axles. Regards, Gator
Holy old thread batman! I ran Gator Racing Axles in my ITR about a decade ago - road race spec with vent tubes and they worked perfect. No issues at all. Sold them in 2013 and wish I never had.

Nice to see a CEO chime in with some facts. I will say, your website sucks and you probably lose business as a result. While making bespoke units are nice, many just want to purchase a set of axles with the click of a button.

Once again, never had an issue with my Gator Axles and i would suggest them to others.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Little_Nolan
Holy old thread batman! I ran Gator Racing Axles in my ITR about a decade ago - road race spec with vent tubes and they worked perfect. No issues at all. Sold them in 2013 and wish I never had.

Nice to see a CEO chime in with some facts. I will say, your website sucks and you probably lose business as a result. While making bespoke units are nice, many just want to purchase a set of axles with the click of a button.

Once again, never had an issue with my Gator Axles and i would suggest them to others.

Great to hear from you Nolan.

You not be more correct about our website, lol! We've always preferred and enjoyed our amazing growth by word of mouth, however in today's world we are revamping for the internet. We are saying goodbye to our old "retro" website which was coded back in 2001 and programming our new online ordering website which should be ready by April or May of 2021. We are currently retooling and moving into our new building.

Best Regards,
Gator /CEO