Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i have 2003 honda accord ex with j30 and 6 speed shifter lsd

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have 2003 honda accord ex with j30 and 6 speed shifter lsd

Im consider on placing a turbo on it....has 156 k i would pull the head port and polish and place a new ceramic head gasket resurface valves place new water pump and by high performance timing belt and place a high performance intake and place 50 lbs injectors ...any advice on what would give hp i already have 3 row radiators with one hayden fan and one flex lite fan which makes the car run cool . I also place a mega flow exhuast and took of cats i would also place 90 mm throttle body.....I was also consider placing a j 35 engine that i bought from jdm for another build this my personal car ....will j35 mount to 6 speed lsd tranny...im going to strip stock seats and place race seats i also im going take back seat and place batter in back seat and remove spare and place a fuel cell and drop gas tank ....would j35 mount to tranny if so ill bore and stroke and place high performace cam if its avable and puch rof and cylders and rooler rockers
Old 11-26-2018, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: i have 2003 honda accord ex with j30 and 6 speed shifter lsd

Originally Posted by luther69
Im consider on placing a turbo on it....has 156 k i would pull the head port and polish and place a new ceramic head gasket resurface valves place new water pump and by high performance timing belt and place a high performance intake and place 50 lbs injectors ...any advice on what would give hp i already have 3 row radiators with one hayden fan and one flex lite fan which makes the car run cool . I also place a mega flow exhuast and took of cats i would also place 90 mm throttle body.....I was also consider placing a j 35 engine that i bought from jdm for another build this my personal car ....will j35 mount to 6 speed lsd tranny...im going to strip stock seats and place race seats i also im going take back seat and place batter in back seat and remove spare and place a fuel cell and drop gas tank ....would j35 mount to tranny if so ill bore and stroke and place high performace cam if its avable and puch rof and cylders and rooler rockers
Not enough information provided to determine if the J35 you have is one of the J35s which will bolt up to one of the 6-Speed manual transmissions from the late model CLs or the 2004-2006 TLs (I am assuming this is where you sourced your transmission from because the 6MTs from the 2007-2008 TL Type-S models will not bolt up to your J30). So:
  • If you can tell us which J35 you have, such as J35A3, we can tell you whether they will bolt up.
  • If you have a J35 which is incompatible with your tranny, the good news here is you can buy a new bell housing from Acura which will allow you to convert your tranny to the correct bolt pattern on the engine.