Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hybrid racing shifter box and cables onto a h22a

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hybrid racing shifter box and cables onto a h22a

hey guys,

after being disgusted with the feel of the stock shifting pattern and overall feel of the h22a format. I was curious about hybrid racings shifter box.

I asked around for a bit if anyone had used one on an h22a car, no one could give me 100% answers on it so i finally said screw it and bought the shifter box.

When i received the box i loved the quality behind it top notch stuff here, i followed the directions that came with the box for installation.

Now when i went to install the stock h22a cables to the shifter box, the ID of the cables (the hole at the end of the shift cable,that attaches to the pin on the shifter) was to small for the hybrid-racing shifter box.

Now more then likely you could very easily have bored the holes out on the h22a shift cables but I was to lazy and went ahead and just ordered the hybrid-racing shift cables.

when i ordered the hybrid-racing shift cables i had to talk to an engineer there by the name of Russell Garehan(awesome guy to deal with) we talked back and forth about my options. So for the time being I ordered the shift cables with the transmission side bushings not completely assembled that way i could adjust the bushings in and out to meet the different requirements needed for the h22a compared to the k-series.

That worked for the back and forth cable that selects your gears. Unfortunately it didn't work for side to side selector, for this i made a very simple stand off a little over an inch that moved the bushing out to reach the side to side selector on the transmission.

the main reason this had to be done with the cables is the design of the bracket between the K-series and h-series is much different, the length of the cables is about right they are a little tight so i will see how that goes once the car is completely up and running.

in the next week if there is any interest in this at all i will get some pics uploaded.

thanks!
cody
Old 06-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: hybrid racing shifter box and cables onto a h22a

I have one of those boxes sitting here from a friends K series. Definitely a nice box...shhould be interesting to see how well it works on a H