Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hybrid hatch with B18C is faster than Audi TT....at least top end.

Old 11-04-2002, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid hatch with B18C is faster than Audi TT....at least top end.

Driving a little faster than normal traffic (not aggressive), an Audi TT tailgates. I think he wants to play. A long open stretch with no cars and I downshift to 4rth gear and floor it. Vtec kicks in and IAB opens up. After a few seconds, TT still tailgaiting really close so I move to the right lane to let him pass (still on full throttle). As soon as I am on the right lane I slowly gain distance (redline, then shift to 5th). This went on until I proved my point that he is never going to catch up.
I think when I moved to the right lane, his car suddenly had full frontal air resistance and started slowing down... Ha-Ha.

There are cars up ahead so I let go of the gas and glide until I match traffic speed.
TT passes by at very fast rate.... I think hes ego got bruised.

No harm done, proved my point, had a grin on my face all the way home.

Old 11-04-2002, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hybrid hatch with B18C is faster than Audi TT....at least top end. (JD_B18CDX)

Kills forum
Old 11-04-2002, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Hybrid hatch with B18C is faster than Audi TT....at least top end. (hybridreams)

Sorry... I should have put it there.
Still have the grin

[Modified by JD_B18CDX, 6:06 PM 11/4/2002]
Old 11-04-2002, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Hybrid hatch with B18C is faster than Audi TT....at least top end. (JD_B18CDX)

Your car should be, the 225 Quattro modified is only going to trap about 98mph...which of course you can do in your hatch. The fool probably didn't know what he was messin with
Old 11-04-2002, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hybrid hatch with B18C is faster than Audi TT....at least top end. (Prod)

I doubt a TT could even trap at 98m[h. Sure, they have 225HP. But they also weight 3000+ pounds.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i work at a dealer and the audi tt is not that fast. with some mods it may become very quick. imo
Old 11-05-2002, 04:39 AM
New User

While I do not endorse street racing I once did the same thing to a 944 Porsche who thought he was the **** and was tailgating me on the jersey turnpike. Dropped it into 4th, took it to redline and just walked away from him. Then I out braked the hell out of him when we got up to traffic. He wasn't expecting that eidther and he almost hit me . That taught him the lesson though and he didn't **** with me afterward.

Thats why I just love hybrids. Drive softly but carry a BIG engine
Old 11-05-2002, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Hybrid hatch with B18C is faster than Audi TT....at least top end. (StorminMatt)

I doubt a TT could even trap at 98m[h. Sure, they have 225HP. But they also weight 3000+ pounds.
You need to get to the track more often then. I personally have been at the track with two different modified TT's that trapped 98.XX...stock they can't trap that high but a modified quattro will.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quattro system won't mean jak when you are rolling, esp on the hwy.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Hybrid hatch with B18C is faster than Audi TT....at least top end. (Apex i ITR)

Quattro system won't mean jak when you are rolling, esp on the hwy.
No kidding, I know this first hand ;P

I only said quattro because the quattro TT comes with the bigger turbo and dual IC setup not to mention a few other changes...that car will trap 98.xx not the FWD one, I'm being as specific as possible.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hybrid hatch with B18C is faster than Audi TT....at least top end. (Prod)

You need to get to the track more often then. I personally have been at the track with two different modified TT's that trapped 98.XX...stock they can't trap that high but a modified quattro will.
I was talking about stock (note the power rating I used). Although a modified TT can be made fast, keep in mind that Audis are yuppie cars. Consequently, few are actually modified.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Hybrid hatch with B18C is faster than Audi TT....at least top end. (StorminMatt)

I was talking about stock (note the power rating I used). Although a modified TT can be made fast, keep in mind that Audis are yuppie cars. Consequently, few are actually modified.
My bad man, I originally said modified in my post too...guess we both just missed a few words...

Also OT but most audi's aren't worth modifying (aside from being mostly yuppie cars)
Old 11-06-2002, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

**** Volkswagon and Audi, hate them.... Honda is this **** and will smoke them any day. I did see some crazy GTI tho it had an Audi motor AWD turbo **** was pretty crazy but oh well still a VW. Latez

Search this Thread