Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EG Sedan Tachometer Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 01:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG Sedan Tachometer Question

Hi all, I'm from Namibia(Western Africa) and i own a EG sedan. I recently did a F2B swap using a F23A out of an Odyssey, we have no chipped ECU's available unless we import it from the States. So I'm using a local system called Gotech. Now this version of system I have doesn't come with a rpm output to tach, and because I'm using an external coil and firing it directly from the ecu without the oem icm I'm not able to retain my tach signal. So what i want to know is can the stock tach be wired directly to coil - or do I need an aftermarket tach? I didn't try anything yet as I'm scared i blow the tach up.

Engine setup: F23A7 fully rebuilt;
Mild head porting
B16A dizzy with external coil cap
Bosch 2pin coil
Reground cam/locked vtec mechanism
60mm throttle body/intake ported to match tb
Obd1 H22 injectors
S80 LS transmission
Self-made plateless swap

Please guys any input will be highly appreciated.
Regards
Old 06-14-2019, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: EG Sedan Tachometer Question

If the Gotech system replaces the stock ECU, you will need to figure out what type of signal is sent to the coil to fire it from the ECU... power or ground. Knowing this will help you wire the tach. With the stock style ECU, you can connect the tach signal-in wire to the ICM wire at the ECU and it will function.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EG Sedan Tachometer Question

Thanks man. The Gotech grounds the coil, i tried connecting tach blue wire at the coil trigger but no luck. I was told that our tachs require 5volt signal instead of 12v, if that's the case then I'll be better off wiring the stock honda ICM as per normal operation and get the tach signal from it like we would normally get wih stock ecu, just not fire the coil from the ICM. Makes sense in my head, lol, hope it works.
Thanks for the reply.
Cheers