Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to secure LS throttle cable end on an EG gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to secure LS throttle cable end on an EG gas pedal

how to secure LS throttle cable end on an EG gas pedal. One my swap an EG cx throttle cable is too short and i got an 98 LS throttle cable. THe problem is that the two cable ends on the pedal side is different. On the integra one the two ends look the same hammer like but the cx pedal side it uses a white plastic clip to lock the cable ends
Old 01-12-2004, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how to secure LS throttle cable end on an EG gas pedal (EGhybridHB)

well, the solution is either getting an integra throttle cable (from accelerator pedal to throttle body) OR get a Throttle Cable Bracket for about $8 from Newman (im him), he works for JDMshit.com . good stuff.
But, please fix it correctly. When i got my civic hybrid, a tie wrap held the throttle cable to the TB...grrrr..stupid previous owner!
My friend just wrecked his beautiful 91 mustang GT. performance everything, aluminum racing block bored over..dynoed 485 before final bore. His throttle cable broke after turning onto his neighborhood street. He fishtailed a few times and was on the curb in seconds.. all because of an old cable. Now imagine driving on a cable that is held on incorrectly..