Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much does it cost for you guys to convert everything to usdm and pass cali ref?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much does it cost for you guys to convert everything to usdm and pass cali ref?

I've been reading ALOT about passing cali ref with a JDM engine. I have h22a integra and would like to get that bar sticker as well, no more hiding from po po! I noticed you need all the usdm emission equiment:

usdm ECU
usdm wiring harness
o2 senor
new cat
usdm header
usdm stock air box
egr valve?
and possibly some other extras.

I know some of this stuff is optional, but this is for the whole package. How much will all this stuff cost?? And when ppo said usdm wiring harness, is that the engine wire harness?? won't that cost alot for someone to install??
Old 01-05-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Re: how much does it cost for you guys to convert everything to usdm and pass cali ref? (snoop_005)

anyone?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:29 AM

Default Re: how much does it cost for you guys to convert everything to usdm and pass cali ref? (snoop_005)

i know someone who passed w/ a carb intake (aem), starting air valve i think its called, and US p13 although he said they didnt check for the us p13 so a jdm may work, to pass he had to get a new cat though but if ur old one is still working good then u may be able to pass with that, also, alcohol in the gas tank works, i dont remember if its meth or eth, but cars are able to run with up to 80% alcohol i believe without modifications so that would take emissions down dramatically, before u try this however have someone verify...
Old 01-07-2004, 08:39 AM

Default Re: how much does it cost for you guys to convert everything to usdm and pass cali ref? (twistedbyde

You CAN make a japanese engine legal in ca, you've just got to use all the japanese parts. Go talk to a smog ref and they'll give you the whole deal, cuz my hands hurt like **** and i don't wanna type the whole thing out.