Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you got a receipt with your swap? Kind of strange....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you got a receipt with your swap? Kind of strange....

I know there are a lot of people who bought motors from HMO and Steve would not give them receipts. He would say that he'll send it out, but people say they never got them.

I am asking because all the states will eventually go to emission tests and I think it's very hard to prove a motor to be legit w/o papers. ....and say the motor you buy from HMO comes back stolen when you get the emission test done 2 years from now. The owner of the motor (YOU) would take the heat and not the store since there is NO receipt they sold it to you.

Can someone explain this whole thing about 98% (maybe it's 100%) of people not getting receipts when buying a motor from an on-line shop. I don't understand. We're paying LOTS of $$ for these motors and why NO receipt?

Does IAS issue receipts? What should be on the receipt?
I am thinking:

1)Vin # for the vehicle the motor goes with
2)engine code on the block
3)year of the motor
4)date purchased
5)seller / buyers name w/ addresses & phone #'s

Anything else?
Old 01-19-2003, 03:36 PM
MEAT PATTY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How many of you got a receipt with your swap? Kind of strange.... (Hybrid93Hatch)

Yeah I got a receipt with my engine, trans,motormounts,shift linkage, etc...., I wouldn't purchase anything of that sort for that amount of money without a receipt. Oh yeah I got my swap and the rest of the parts from Jspec. A friend of mine really ordered the motor for me because he knew the owner and got a good deal for me. But yeah I did get a receipt with everything listed on it that I bought and paid for.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you got a receipt with your swap? Kind of strange.... (Hybrid93Hatch)

I got Steve to send me a receipt

All it says is ''92 H22A w/ axles, linkage, mounts, ecu and harness'- $2400..and then 'shipping' $300

I don't think the VIN would do much good because it's not like the shop is going to run a VIN to check to see if a JDM engine is stolen...I don't even think they'd have the database for that.

Now maybe if you're buying a USDM engine...you'd want the VIN/block code etc.

I'm pretty sure it'd be useless when you've got a JDM engine however. A 'regular' receipt should suffice for that.

But then I'm sure you'd have to argue with them about if the 'JDM' engine is legal or not...beh.

Your list looks good from IAS though!
Old 01-19-2003, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you got a receipt with your swap? Kind of strange.... (hot_EG)

i never got a receipt but i just use the receipt i got from my bank for the wire transfer. it shows who it went to and how much and to what bank.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:06 PM

Default Re: How many of you got a receipt with your swap? Kind of strange.... (Kp_VtekNiks)

I got mine from inlinefour.com, but it took forever for me to get it...
Old 01-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you got a receipt with your swap? Kind of strange.... (Nameless)

I bought my engine from a performance shop. I only have the reciept saying i put half down before ordering. The final reciept is lost. I dont know if that reciept is good