Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid / Engine Swaps (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/)
-   -   How To : K24Z7 swap in EG civic. Complete how to! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/how-k24z7-swap-eg-civic-complete-how-3334758/)

vanilla gorilla 03-08-2019 11:57 AM

How To : K24Z7 swap in EG civic. Complete how to!

HI guys. I did a k24z7 swap in a EG civic about 3 years ago. Ive gotten alot of questions about it over the years so I just decided to do a complete how to of the entire swap process, parts, wiring, ECU, etc. I have filmed the process and am uploading the videos to my youtube channel. The name of my channel is BallsOutPerformance . Just enter that into the youtube search bar and my page will pull up. In addition to the K24Z7 swap I have lots of other projects and tech videos that I will be putting out shortly. So subscribe to the channel and please share my videos if there is anyone else that you know that is interested in the Z7 swap. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I dont get on here much, but I will quickly respond if you message me on my youtube channel. I hope that my videos will help a lot of you guys.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...a96cc25d70.jpg

JRCivic1 03-08-2019 09:56 PM

Re: How To : K24Z7 swap in EG civic. Complete how to!

Normally, members that create a "Build Thread" do so in ONE sub-forum... you have posted in at least three that I have seen. I suggest you contact a Mod and have them delete all but one so that all updates are focused in one location.

Freedo_Civegra 03-08-2019 11:46 PM

I think he wants subscribers to his YouTube channel

vanilla gorilla 03-09-2019 05:14 AM

Yea Im not really doing a build thread guys. If you arent familiar with the k24z7 theres literally no information online about it or any successful attempts at a swap. I know because I searched all the forums a few years ago when I was interested in doing the swap, trying to find information, which there is literally zero. Ive had a lot of people from instagram and youtube ask me for information regarding the swap and how to do it. So I made a video series to document everything about it. So Im trying to reach every avenue to get the information out there for the ones that need it. If there is something wrong with that, then by all means delete the posts. Thanks

Freedo_Civegra 03-09-2019 06:56 AM

I watched part 2. Really good info! Nifty tricks with the intermediate shaft and crank sensor plug.

vanilla gorilla 03-09-2019 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra (Post 51883160)
I watched part 2. Really good info! Nifty tricks with the intermediate shaft and crank sensor plug.

Thanks for the response. The next video(s) will cover the biggest issue of concern which is the wiring and ECU needed to run this setup.

Freedo_Civegra 03-09-2019 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by vanilla gorilla (Post 51883257)
Thanks for the response. The next video(s) will cover the biggest issue of concern which is the wiring and ECU needed to run this setup.

Stock ECU with matching immobilizer ring and key should do the trick, right?

vanilla gorilla 03-09-2019 10:27 AM

Yea that should work. I dont have specifics on that though. The only part I had that was Z7 is the engine, so I didnt go the route of using the Z7 harness and ECU.

Freedo_Civegra 03-09-2019 10:30 AM

Getting the ECU pin outs would probably be the only hardship in that area.

vanilla gorilla 03-09-2019 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra (Post 51883317)
Getting the ECU pin outs would probably be the only hardship in that area.

Yea I agree. Unless you know someone that works for Honda.

Freedo_Civegra 03-09-2019 11:43 AM

There’s some place that you can subscribe to for free and have access to all of that, but I can’t remember the name of it...

Also, I’m pretty sure you can go to Honda and request copies of pages from the service manuals for a price.

Justanswer is a pretty good site for that, too. For instance, I got all the wiring schematics, ECU pinouts, and connector pinouts for a 2003 Accord EX V6 that I swapped into my civic and could not find that info anywhere. Cost me $26, but it was worth it.

vanilla gorilla 03-09-2019 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra (Post 51883354)
There’s some place that you can subscribe to for free and have access to all of that, but I can’t remember the name of it...

Also, I’m pretty sure you can go to Honda and request copies of pages from the service manuals for a price.

Justanswer is a pretty good site for that, too. For instance, I got all the wiring schematics, ECU pinouts, and connector pinouts for a 2003 Accord EX V6 that I swapped into my civic and could not find that info anywhere. Cost me $26, but it was worth it.

Ok, good information. I didnt know that you could get that type of info from there. Ill keep that in mind.

Freedo_Civegra 03-09-2019 06:12 PM

I didn’t either, but it was worth a shot. I talked to a Honda technician on Justanswer, and he gave me way more info than I asked for.

kam0te 04-10-2019 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by vanilla gorilla (Post 51882744)
HI guys. I did a k24z7 swap in a EG civic about 3 years ago. Ive gotten alot of questions about it over the years so I just decided to do a complete how to of the entire swap process, parts, wiring, ECU, etc. I have filmed the process and am uploading the videos to my youtube channel. The name of my channel is BallsOutPerformance . Just enter that into the youtube search bar and my page will pull up. In addition to the K24Z7 swap I have lots of other projects and tech videos that I will be putting out shortly. So subscribe to the channel and please share my videos if there is anyone else that you know that is interested in the Z7 swap. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I dont get on here much, but I will quickly respond if you message me on my youtube channel. I hope that my videos will help a lot of you guys.

but you used a rsx s tranny.. then yes that would be easy.. innovative mojnts doesnt have mounts for the z7 tranny going to eg. i called them.. make a video using a 12-15 civic si 6speed tranny that will make a difference.. use the z7 harness and ecu then show us how you did it.. btw i watched and watched your video i thought my mind puzzle about the z7 swap will be enlightened.. you used different components..

oscaringosv 07-31-2019 09:56 AM

Hi Gorilla_vanilla

I’m about to do a swap to an 99 EK using the new hasport ekk5 mounts and the axles you mentioned in your video, I do have everything from the k24z7 (actually I have a wrecked 2012 civic Si) so I cam pull the harness, and ECU, do you recommend using all stock parts from the spare car, do I need to buy any other swap parts ? I’m new to the kswap world would love to get some advice from you.

oscaringosv 07-31-2019 10:05 AM

Hello everyone, I’m new to the kswap, I have a 99 ek and a donor K24z7 (actually I have a wrecked 2012 civic Si) so I can pull all oem
parts from it, I’m planning on swapping the engine to the EK using Hasport EKK5 mounts and the axles Gorilla_vanilla mentioned on his video, my question is once I installed the engine and harness how do I do all the electrical things to work like the whippers, fuel pump, lights, etc

Freedo_Civegra 08-01-2019 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by oscaringosv (Post 51982812)
Hello everyone, I’m new to the kswap, I have a 99 ek and a donor K24z7 (actually I have a wrecked 2012 civic Si) so I can pull all oem
parts from it, I’m planning on swapping the engine to the EK using Hasport EKK5 mounts and the axles Gorilla_vanilla mentioned on his video, my question is once I installed the engine and harness how do I do all the electrical things to work like the whippers, fuel pump, lights, etc

Wipers, lights, and other non-engine related stuff will still work as normal. The only thing you will need to get working is the ECU and other engine related electrical bits.

oscaringosv 08-01-2019 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra (Post 51983269)
Wipers, lights, and other non-engine related stuff will still work as normal. The only thing you will need to get working is the ECU and other engine related electrical bits.

So using the oem k24z7 harness with the oem EK ? Do I need to leave both connected ?

oscaringosv 08-01-2019 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra (Post 51983269)

I’ll post some pics I’m planning on using the k24z7 engine harness and see if I can reuse the ek oem engine fuse box, fun will be had

Freedo_Civegra 08-01-2019 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by oscaringosv (Post 51983298)
I’ll post some pics I’m planning on using the k24z7 engine harness and see if I can reuse the ek oem engine fuse box, fun will be had

That’s what I was talking about.

JoeRex84 10-05-2019 04:31 PM

Hi there. I currently inherated a 2000 ek hatchback and Im intrested too on doing the k24z7 swap. I currently have the engine the only bad thing about the engine is that it has a bent rod from a previously hydro lock. Any ways I will be opening it up this winter to see if I can rebuild it. I have been doing some research about a k20 swap but for the mounts it indicates to swap the rear engine subframe from a eg. Also will a k20 trans bolt up to a k24z7? I will post some pictures of my build for now this is what im starting with.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...69740bbd9f.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...9e8e28b3e1.jpg

oscaringosv 10-07-2019 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by JoeRex84 (Post 52023452)
Hi there. I currently inherated a 2000 ek hatchback and Im intrested too on doing the k24z7 swap. I currently have the engine the only bad thing about the engine is that it has a bent rod from a previously hydro lock. Any ways I will be opening it up this winter to see if I can rebuild it. I have been doing some research about a k20 swap but for the mounts it indicates to swap the rear engine subframe from a eg. Also will a k20 trans bolt up to a k24z7? I will post some pictures of my build for now this is what im starting with.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...69740bbd9f.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...9e8e28b3e1.jpg

Hi,
I used the hasport ekk5, had to change the subframe in order to fit, I’m a little stuck at this point because I need to use the oem k24z7 harness and figure it out how to connect the harness to the cabin harness of the EK.

Freedo_Civegra 10-19-2019 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by oscaringosv (Post 52023850)
Hi,
I used the hasport ekk5, had to change the subframe in order to fit, I’m a little stuck at this point because I need to use the oem k24z7 harness and figure it out how to connect the harness to the cabin harness of the EK.

A good place to run power wires from in an EK is the plug on the driver’s strut tower.

The big wire will go to the starter.
The BLK/YEL wire next to it can be fused (15amp) and feed the ignition coils.
The YEL/BLK can feed the ECU.
The other BLK/YEL wire can feed the O2 sensors.

The BLK wire is a ground.
The YEL/GRN is for your temp gauge.
YEL/RED is for oil pressure light.
WHT/BLU is for the Alternator L terminal and operates your battery warning light.

oscaringosv 10-22-2019 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra (Post 52033314)
A good place to run power wires from in an EK is the plug on the driver’s strut tower.

The big wire will go to the starter.
The BLK/YEL wire next to it can be fused (15amp) and feed the ignition coils.
The YEL/BLK can feed the ECU.
The other BLK/YEL wire can feed the O2 sensors.

The BLK wire is a ground.
The YEL/GRN is for your temp gauge.
YEL/RED is for oil pressure light.
WHT/BLU is for the Alternator L terminal and operates your battery warning light.

thanks a lot I will post a few pictures after trying it

ozzie069 04-15-2020 05:13 PM

I'm doing a k24a and a k24z7 tranny on my ek what halfshaft and axles should I use Thanks