Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you run your wires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you run your wires?

How did you run your wires when you did your swap? (vtec, knock sensor etc.) Did you use wire from the jdm harness, or did you buy new wire and solder it and run it down the engine harness into the interior? Im trying to compare my wiring job to others to see how shitty i did my first time, if you have pics please post them up!
Old 01-08-2003, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How did you run your wires? (Gray EG)

Did anyone route through the holes that were previously for the air conditioning evaporator?
Old 01-08-2003, 03:44 AM

Default Re: How did you run your wires? (beta13)

Where did you run thw wires through the firewall, and when you ran the vtec, knock sensor wires, did you cut the plastic open and run tme through the civic harness, or just run them on the outside and hide them?
Old 01-08-2003, 08:04 AM

I just ran my wires through the wire wall like the original harness. At the time I was too impatient to run the wires inside the wireharness so I just ran the wires straight through. I did however place wireloom over the added wires once I was done.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:58 AM

Default Re: How did you run your wires? (spektrum)

I run my wires through the hole right behind the battery. There is a little grommet there, drill a hole in the grommet and go through there. Use some wire loom to make it look clean. Then tape ot to the harness inside the cabin...
Old 01-08-2003, 11:11 PM

Hey man

Depending on what ecu you are using you can use exsisting wires. There are pros and cons to both. I have a 99 EK, being that it is obdII, it has a buch of extra wires in the harness, I'm running a obdI ecu so I just grabbed left over wires and repinned them at the ecu. The down side is that if I ever wanted to run OBDII again I would have to run a buch of wires, but the way it sits now I don't have any extra wires run and the harness looks 100% stock. Either way you can easily run wires though the fire wall pop out to the right of the battery without any prob. If you want it to look clean, cut the factory tape off your harness and run the new wires with the factory harness. Also depending on the car you have, if you have an EG you can run the wire in the harness up to the strut tower connector and 90% of the time you're knock, and vtec wires are already pinned in the firewall-side connector. this way you can just add pins to the engine harness and plug it in and not worry about running wires in. But in most cases you will have to repin ecu placements, so if you are not really confident about pin placement, and don't have a FACTORY HONDA manual don't attempt it.

if you have any more questions on this let me know

peace
Old 01-08-2003, 11:23 PM

Default Re: How did you run your wires? (NirSpec1)

on our EG vtec swaps we run everything through the harness to make it just like factory...depending on what model civic you working with....we wire to the main plugs on the engine harness then that plugs into chassis harness (runs into car) then we match up pin locations there to where they meet the ecu. if no wire is present (CX,DX) we add them to the chassis side main harness.

sorry if i made confusing...but thats the best way i can explain it

-chris
Old 01-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How did you run your wires? (The Mole)

depending on the car... if wires can not be adapted into the factory wiring harness
we just create another wiring harness run it next to the factory with the wire cover, where the engine wiring harness hits the main wiring harness, we put a factory plug and then jsut run the rest of the wires to the ecu.
This way, the motor can be removed etc etc and it looks no different than stock
to any normal person, they couldnt tell the difference.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:46 AM

Default Re: How did you run your wires? (irev210)

how do u re-pin existing wires,like the IAB move it from 20 to 17. do i just pull it out of 20 and pin it to 17. pull them off