Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

honda civic eg6 complete swap integra type r

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda civic eg6 complete swap integra type r

Greetings from Greece, I wanted to ask you something guys..
Would buying a naked left wheel drive 92' honda civic eg6 (vti or sir) only shafts, brakes , and interior no tranny or engine .. and also buying a right wheel integra type r jdm to do a complete swap between those two be a good option or would I get into much trouble and won't be able to fit most parts between these two cars?What do you guys think?

I am a bodyman not a mechanic but I can do most of the engine work myself. I'm talking about tranferring everything from one car to another has anybody done that before, what special tools are required?

Thanks for any replies.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: honda civic eg6 complete swap integra type r

Having both vehicles like that makes for a pretty easy swap. The only other thing I can think of right off that you'll need is a LHD engine harness as well as a conversion harness for the ECU (unless you get lucky enough to get an OBD1 JDM ITR ECU.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the reply, so to sum things up I must use a LHD OBD2 integra type r harness and connect it to the OBD2 type r ECU, is this doable?

Quoting from an article I found :

The ever so clever Honda engineers were cool enough to make the US OBD2 Integra/Delsol engine wire harnesses backwards-compatible with OBD1 vehicles.
http://technet.ff-squad.com/hybrid.92-95.obd2.htm

So that means I can use a OBD2 LHD integra type r harness in the civic and plug it right in the OBD2 jdm ITR ecu?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Seagull Management

Originally Posted by gatopardos
Thanks for the reply, so to sum things up I must use a LHD OBD2 integra type r harness and connect it to the OBD2 type r ECU, is this doable?
It doesn't necessarily have to be an ITR harness, but this will make your life easier. It also doesn't necessarily need to be OBD2, but again it will make your life a lot easier.

So that means I can use a OBD2 LHD integra type r harness in the civic and plug it right in the OBD2 jdm ITR ecu?
You'll need a conversion harness for the ECU since the chassis side of things is still OBD1.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
It doesn't necessarily have to be an ITR harness, but this will make your life easier. It also doesn't necessarily need to be OBD2, but again it will make your life a lot easier.
You'll need a conversion harness for the ECU since the chassis side of things is still OBD1.
Do you mean something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

and harness http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...at=0&_from=R40
Old 05-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Seagull Management

No, you'll want something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD1-car-to-...9e699f&vxp=mtr

In addition to a LHD engine harness. Again, it doesn't necessarily need to be an ITR harness, but this will make for an almost 100% plug and play situation, only running the knock sensor wire (single wire from the shock tower plug to the ECU will be required) if the chassis is anything other than an SiR. If using an SiR chassis all wiring will be 100% plug and play using an ITR harness.

See pics below:

Old 05-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello, I find these images very helpfull, I was wondering if you know smthing.. does the integra steering rack and pump fit over the eg because they are opposite hand drives I will prob need to swap the brake pump and fuel pump too are these parts interchangeable because the eg will be just a shell..
Old 05-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Seagull Management

Glad the pics helped

The pump will work, the rack will not because of RHD/LHD differences. A LHD Integra rack will work though.

Fuel pump will swap (you may need to change the plug though, I can't remember for sure) as will the brake booster (I think this is what you meant when you said pump?) and master cylinder.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So yes steering pump , yes fuel pump , yes brake plumbing , no steering rack. I have to make a list with what parts I might need to actually buy extra [COST CONTROL] , can you tell me if the a/c from the integra will fit over the civic? Can I use the eg6 steering rack or it wont fit in the integra control arms?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Seagull Management

So yes steering pump , yes fuel pump , yes brake plumbing , no steering rack.
Brake lines are different (rubber flex lines you can use, but the metal hard lines are different) master cylinder and brake booster you can use.

I have to make a list with what parts I might need to actually buy extra [COST CONTROL] , can you tell me if the a/c from the integra will fit over the civic? Can I use the eg6 steering rack or it wont fit in the integra control arms?
Integra AC wont work. EG6 rack will (whatever rack you use make sure all the lines and the reservoir match the rack)
Old 05-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you tell me which parts will I have to modify or buy extra to finish this swap? Thanks.