Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HMO.com = still best parts and service a even a year later

Old 11-20-2003, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMO.com = still best parts and service a even a year later

I just wanted to share my story of doing business with Steve at HMO. A year ago I purchased a JDM GSR from HMO, I made a special trip from Phoenix AZ to California to pick up my engine in person. When I got there my engine was ready, washed and set a side. Before accepting it I looked it over and every thing was perfect. Shortly after that I had to go to the bathroom so I was showed the way and when I got in, there were 3 towers of various honda ECU's, around 6 CTR and ITR steering wheels, a bunch of SIR and ITR clusters and three sets of ITR seats. I didn't want to leave the bathroom and I was kicking my *** for not having money for all those goods. When I came out the coolest bath room ever my motor was raised on a fork lift. Steve and I went over the sensors and noticed that the map sensor was cracked, I got a spare one right away and after securing the motor we were on our way back to AZ.
It's now a year later and the JDM GSR just made 177whp and 128wtq with I/E/H, CTR cams, ITR springs and S2 manifold.
I just purchased a sleeved 2.0l B18 for my turbo LS project, it came with a crank that looked like it went through hell and back. Unless u have tried you probably don't know how hard it is to find a LS crank in good condition. I looked for one for over a month, all of them are in bad shape. After being desperate and calling junk yards in my area I almost gave up. I got an idea to call HMO and see if they have any laying around, Steve answered and said that he has one I perfect shape in a running car. I talked to him a little and said that I'd pay $200 if it's in perfect shape. Four days later I received an LS crank with perfect journals still covered in oil. I'm writing all this cuz I almost gave up on finding a good LS crank and using a GSR one but now I got what I wanted! from HMO! Again!

By the way there are no Cliffs! If u don't like to read than what are you doing on a message board!

And here is the difference between a bad jurnal and a good one:

Another shot of the bad one.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:15 PM

bump, HMO is da bomb. got h22 from him and it came so clean almost looked brand new.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmo is the best
Old 11-24-2003, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stock93cx)

Dealt with HMO and Osaka JDM motors... Osaka is absolutely a joke. Friend ordered ZC, some of the sensors were broke, missing some parts and pieces, and the damn thing was pretty dirty too.

Just got in a JDM B16 for a friend, thing looked KILLER, almost brand new... Sucks though that less than a week after this motor was installed, with a new water pump and timing belt that the headgasket blew out... not even beating on the car. But oh well, my luck has always sucked.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MEANB18)

hmo is the best!, i've gottin my front end from him and b16's from him. hes a good guy! heres a story for you about steve, after having my b16 running for 6 days, for some reason on the 7th day my bearing slipped, and i was on a hf ecu (dont ask why ok) and told steve the story, and he sent me one for free and all i had to pay was shipping!