Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help on some info on swapping engine into a 94 teg

Old 08-21-2003, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on some info on swapping engine into a 94 teg

I have a 94 RS teg with 155k on it and still running strong, im planning on swapping a new engine into the car. I have searched and read alot lately about what kinda swaps go well and cost and etc...? My goal for my car is to hit around 250-300 whp turbo. I was thinking of a b16 engine with je pistons and eagle rods to accomplish this. and most definetly tuning. Would the b16 be a good engine for what im looking for? Also i dont understand much about all this obd1 and obd2. Which year b16 engine would be the best fitment/ less modification for my car. I see alot of b16a1 for sale. would a b16a2 make any difference. What definately has to change? what can stay the same? I'm here to learn more about engine swapping and just learning in general and hope a few of you honda-tech members can help me out.

Thanks

John
Old 08-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: help on some info on swapping engine into a 94 teg (johnqt3)

I would rebuild your stock motor with internals and boost that.

I would stay away for 1st B16's. Most to all of have high mileage and thats what you have now, plus pre-92 had shitty cams too. Do not worry about OBD1 or 2, if you buy a OBD2 motor, use your stock harness and a OBD1 ECU and you will be set.

But to tell you the truth, Why not save money and build up you LS motor?
Old 08-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help on some info on swapping engine into a 94 teg (turbogixxer)

hmm, would it be cheaper going that way? When you say rebuild, what technically must i go through to rebuild this engine? what are the most important components that must be changed, since i will be boosting the pistons, rings, rods, head gaskets will all be new, so what else do i do?

Thanks for the info, hope you can share some more.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: help on some info on swapping engine into a 94 teg (johnqt3)

well, it matters where you budget is at. Do a rebuild and see how much you can afford. IF your budget is big then resleeve (GE or Darton), crower rods, JE or other good brands and ARP hardware. ARP hardware is a must in any rebuild for boost. It is a piece of mind thing. It matter the degree of the rebuild. Change at least bearings (trust washers) and piston rings. If you are going to do it cheap, then Tuning is Key. You do not have to spend alot of money on internal if it is tuned right and you are not over boosting it (aka boosting stupid amounts of psi on stock internals).

I hope that helps