Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! PLEASE ON F20B SWAP ON INTEGRA

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 HELP!!! PLEASE ON F20B SWAP ON INTEGRA

I was wondering if you guys could help me iam doing this swap right now iam doing a f20b on a 94 integra i was told that i could use my same engine harness and i tried it but i all i could plug in to this engine where about three plugs and dont know where the other 1 go so can somebody help me please i was thinking about getting a h22 obd2 engine harness but if i do would it plug straight to the plughs that are on the strut towers or would it be different thanx for any hel i can get thank you
Old 08-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!! PLEASE ON F20B SWAP ON INTEGRA

Have you looked at any of the H series into 92-00 Civic/94-01 Integras links? Yes you can use your stock harness but various plugs will either needs to be changed/lengthened/shortened and depending on what parts you end up using (like the IABs on the intake manifold); adding wires.

You need to look at those links. they are in this forum. Not only would they provide you with the info you are looking for, but you wont have to ask any questions unless its something that isnt obvious. Unless you are a complete noob, its actually easy. if you are a noob (going off your post, i would say so) you might want to get a knowledgable friend to give you a hand.

Before someone bashes you for it (and someone probably will) you do not use an OBD2 harness for this swap. I dont know why you'd even suggest it. it will not plug up to the shock tower plugs anyway. Does the F20B you have come with its own harness? youll need some of the plugs off of it
Old 08-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no my engine didnt come with a harness.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what other harness would i be able to use because i looked on line for 1 and i guess they are hard to find
Old 08-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Using your integra harness, You could trim some of the notches on the F20B injectors and the Integra injector plugs will snap on (Ive done several F20B swaps). That method even works with GM/RC injector plugs.

Once you plug in every injector (with the Integra harness) try to plug in as many connectors you can. You will eventually start seeing some connectors not reach or totally different altogether. If your Integra is a VTEC model (GSR/Type R) you can find an H23 or even an Accord harness and use some of its connectors (like the neutral safety switch, oil pressure switch, and so forth) If its an LS/RS/GS and you can find an H22 harness that will be what youll need but in this case you'd have to add VTEC wires (in both cases if you plan to use the secondary runners you will need to wire the IAB)

Though it can be time-consuming, it is very easy to do. if you have a friend that knows a bit about wiring, soldering and the like, then you'll be just fine. IN the end you'll have an Integra harness adapted to the F20b, not the other way around. Both motors use nearly all of the same sensors, just sometimes in different spots or with other connections
Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you!!!!!!! so much men iam going to the junk yard this weekend to get the h22 harness iam swaping this engine in a ls i had already done the injectors so iam going to get the h22 and try it once again my friend thats helping me know alot of wiring stuff but he is not into imports but with this informaton u just gave i think he should be fine. would u happen to know all the plugs dat need to be changed so that way i just look up the wiring diagram so i would just know where to cut and also do i have to depin any plugs thanks alot again men i apreciated!!! thanxxx
Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

quick question I went to the junk yard this weekend and could not fine the h22 engine harness would the h23a none vtec engine harness have the conectors i need as the h22 and also ive been told that the accord ex 97 to 2000 also have the conectors i need for this wiring?? i also see that u said if mine was a type r or a gsr then i can use the h23 whats the diffrence iam sorry for all this question thanx!!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The reason is because those car's harnesses have the VTEC plugs on them.

The H23 will have most of the plugs you need at the right lengths as it shares the same plugs (in most cases) with the H22/F20B. What you could end up doing is (and the only thing that will cause you issues) is the Idle Air Control Valve, which is located in the center of the upper plenum of the intake manifold. You will notice it has a 3 wire sensor on the F20B. If that Prelude has the H23 you could use its upper plenum which has a 2 wire IAC connection (the one you want to use) The 3 wire one will not work properly but the 2 wire one is similar to yours and will plug right up.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

are u trying to put an obd2 engine into and obd1 chassis? you need a new obd1 dizzy for the f20b so u can plug it into your harness, and u need obd1 injectors too. f20b are ALL obd2. your 94 ls is obd1.
You can use any civic harness as long as u pin out ur ecu and add the 2 or 3 wires, nbot sure if the f20b runs a knock. its easy. you do not NEED the plugs for the vtec solenoid, or the vtec oil pressure, u can just use female wire connectors if u cannot find the correct clips.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its obvious you dont need the vtec plugs, but im telling him if he has them, use them. If not, he could use the female connectors but i dont know how **** he is on a clean swap that looks OE (like i do).

He doesnt need OBD1 injectors (for the 310cc F20B flow rate, what OBD1 injector that is saturated like the F20B and INtegra chassis flows that high?) any of the OBD1 saturated injectors will have at the most 240cc and OBD1 Prelude injectors net 345cc, but you have to add the resistor box. Im keeping his swap as easy as it can be. if he files some of the plastic inside the F20B injector, the OBD1 Integra injector harness plugs right in. Most of this is mentioned in my first two posts.

For the dizzy he can buy an OBD1 TD-60 dizzy that plugs right in, but the F20B dizzyi (which has an OBD1 style 8pin plug) merely needs the tach signal wire added inside. Also one of the extra pins on the 8 pin F20B plug needs to be switched over to the 2pin plug (that the F20B dizzy does not have) and viola! F20B dizzy in action. So while the F20B has no two pin plug, use the one off a junkyard car (cut the black/yellow ignition wire from wherever you want, but pull the lowest connector off the ignitor which should be green, its your tach wire) notch the rubber on the F20B dizzy and slide the tach wire inside You'll notice the F20B ignitior doesnt have the tach wire on so put the female connector from that green wire there. Now you'll have your tach signal. On the 2pin plug, match the black yellow wire with the black/yellow wire on the F20B's 8 pin plug. solder, heatshrink, done. Or send it all to me if its too complicated and you'll have a turn key start harness for a fee less than buying an OBD1 dizzy (much less) and it will look stock.

It runs a knock but if you plan not to run it or the IAB (as in you plan to use a tunable ecu or chipped one that is not a P72 which also runs IAB), no need for the extra wires. Without the IAB and running a stock manifold you'd lose some midrange until you tune it or use a EuroR/Skunk2 manifold (you'd have to tune those though for sure)
Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by jr_deleon
Its obvious you dont need the vtec plugs, but im telling him if he has them, use them. If not, he could use the female connectors but i dont know how **** he is on a clean swap that looks OE (like i do).

He doesnt need OBD1 injectors (for the 310cc F20B flow rate, what OBD1 injector that is saturated like the F20B and INtegra chassis flows that high?) any of the OBD1 saturated injectors will have at the most 240cc and OBD1 Prelude injectors net 345cc, but you have to add the resistor box. Im keeping his swap as easy as it can be. if he files some of the plastic inside the F20B injector, the OBD1 Integra injector harness plugs right in. Most of this is mentioned in my first two posts.

For the dizzy he can buy an OBD1 TD-60 dizzy that plugs right in, but the F20B dizzyi (which has an OBD1 style 8pin plug) merely needs the tach signal wire added inside. Also one of the extra pins on the 8 pin F20B plug needs to be switched over to the 2pin plug (that the F20B dizzy does not have) and viola! F20B dizzy in action. So while the F20B has no two pin plug, use the one off a junkyard car (cut the black/yellow ignition wire from wherever you want, but pull the lowest connector off the ignitor which should be green, its your tach wire) notch the rubber on the F20B dizzy and slide the tach wire inside You'll notice the F20B ignitior doesnt have the tach wire on so put the female connector from that green wire there. Now you'll have your tach signal. On the 2pin plug, match the black yellow wire with the black/yellow wire on the F20B's 8 pin plug. solder, heatshrink, done. Or send it all to me if its too complicated and you'll have a turn key start harness for a fee less than buying an OBD1 dizzy (much less) and it will look stock.

It runs a knock but if you plan not to run it or the IAB (as in you plan to use a tunable ecu or chipped one that is not a P72 which also runs IAB), no need for the extra wires. Without the IAB and running a stock manifold you'd lose some midrange until you tune it or use a EuroR/Skunk2 manifold (you'd have to tune those though for sure)

this guy knows his **** so listen to him dont be dumb. late.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

THANX AGAIN I REALLY apriciate all the help well tomorrow going to the junk yard and getting a h23 none vtec for the engine harness and after that re wire the distributor will post pictures thanx alot again
Old 09-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well here are some pics still havent changed any of the conectors yet this is just the ls harness just wanted you guys to look at it and let me know if it looks correct???? and also the last 2 pictures the plug i have says evap does it go on the picture on topof it?? sorry for the pics took them from my phone
Attached Images          
Old 09-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also does the vss go on the trans??? and the back up light??
Old 09-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

VSS goes to the trans (rear, superior and lateral to the passenger side axle bore) The backup light switch plug needs to be changed as the H/F series use male and female connectors while the Teg uses a plug. What are the colors to that EVAP connector? If its the one that goes on the black solenoid-looking component found on the rear driver's side of the Integra's manifold (just to the left of the brake booster on the stock motor) then you do not use that connector for anything just e-tape it to the harness (i believe its wire colors are black/yellow and red)

You will find a plug with two wires colored black/blue and black/yellow left over which should have been extended at least 6inches to reach the front of the intake manifold. That is for your IACV, which i see you have the F20B 3 wire one on there. Problem is, you will not be able to use this one as there is no way to operate it with the Teg's circuitry. Your car is going to idle very high without its operation. Solution? As i stated before, get the upper plenum from an H22 Prelude. But if you have the automatic F20B (small throttle body) you can use the H23 upper plenum (which is about the same size) but if you do have a manual F20B (62mm TB that resembles the Type R's in size) the H22 (with its 60mm bore) is the best you can do unless you bore it to match (which you can also do with the H23 if its all that is available) I may have an H22 one around but i have to really look for it
Old 09-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok thanx aagain man i really apriciated i have a question for you though about the aicv i was looking on the f20 fact thread and saw the picture u posted of youre brothers car how is it that the aicv is on the fire wall and not on the intake manifold??? and also when you say get the h22 upper plenum. do you mean from a obd1 or a 97 and up prelude?? thanx againand for the ecu iam using a p28 with hondata s100
Old 09-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That was part of a EuroR IACV adapter kit from Rosko. If you had that manifold you could use that kit and remote mount the IACV wherever you wanted.

Any H22 plenum will work from 93-01. Both the 93-96 and 97-01 use the same IACV.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanx again for all youre help i got my h22 intake manifold for 100 dollars everything on it exept throtle body and also i got the h22 alternator and its braket wouldthe conector on the alternator since it was a obd2 car would my harness conector plug right in or would i have to change it? thanx
Old 09-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

another quick question u know how i asked you about the plug thaTS says is for the evap u told me to etape it back on the harness well their is this canistor on the back of the f20b and if nothing goes conected on the valave can i just take it off ???
Old 09-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That "canister" is for the IAB (the secondary butterflies) it has nothing to do with the evap system. That is something you'd have to add wires for and, unless you know the pinouts for that system in the PCB ecu you are using, cannot operate. So you can just take it off
Old 09-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanx again for youre help and how about for the alternator?? would i have to change the plug iam asking becaise the alternator is at my house and the engine harness is at the shop i work at and because iam going to the junkyard tomorow to lookfor the speed sensor and a couple of conectors
Old 09-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You could change the plug of the alternator and that should be fine (because you have to extend the alternator wires anyway) I dont clearly recall the wire colors, but i will tell you they are different. The F20B is a mixture of OBD1 and OBD2

If the wire colors on the Integra harness and the F20B ones come to me, I will let you know which wire goes where. Its been so long since ive done the F20b alternator on a swap (most opted for the ESP D series bracket to use the D alternator)
Old 09-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well the alternator is obd 2 prelude alternator and i tried it today and the plug needs to be change so i guess it should bthe same color wires just A DIFERNET CONECTOR THANX AGAIN FOR ALL YOURE HELP YOUVE BEEN A BIG HELP
Old 09-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just be sure that matching them would be schematically correct and you should be good to go
Old 10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey i got a question for you on the intermediate shaft for the axles wich 1 can i use i got the gator axles

Quick Reply: HELP!!! PLEASE ON F20B SWAP ON INTEGRA