Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Need help on deciding which motor to get and what parts to use to build it"Race Crx"

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Need help on deciding which motor to get and what parts to use to build it"Race Crx"

Well my team is trying to decide on what motor we should use for are 90 race Crx. It wont be drivin on the street all that much. And were not sure what motor to use. Basically we want to fully build it for all motor and beable to use nitruos. All motor were aming for 230-250 whp and then beable to use a 70-100 shot of nitruos. What parts should we use for this build up and still have a good compression ratio for all motor Internals,valvue train,ect. Where hoping low 11's with this setup. This will be almost race spec.:gutted, fiberglass front end,hatch doors. ect.. And it will have slicks. thanks OO and we dont have endless amounts of money so if you could keep that in mind. thanks
Old 01-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Help! Need help on deciding which motor to get and what parts to use to build it"Race Crx" (Proj

The B18C is a good block to start with... send it out to GE and have them sleeve it up to say 83-85mm's... Drop some forged slugs in with a C/R around 10.0-11.5:1... Eagle rods are fairly inexpensive and will hold up fine... Whatever head you chose be sure to send it out to Portflow, Tom does awesome work... I haven't really worked with a lot of nitrous setups so I'm not sure what exactly it likes.. I normally am more around boosted and NA setups... Anyways more for the NA side anything from JUN3's, TodaC/D's, SK2 stage 2/3's work awesome... For turbo normally we just use GSR cams... Even on 22lbs. with stock GSR cams my friend made 505whp in his daily driven GSR turbo EK.... Since this is a race spec car convert to OBD1 and run a chipped P28 on Hondata.... RC 440's-500's should be fine.... I wouldn't shoot for such 230-250whp NA.... you would be much better off building the motor with lower compression as I stated and then squeeze more.. This motor properly tuned should have no problem holding back 150 of squeeze... The reason I say this is my friend's all motor race car has an LSVTEC sleeved by GE to 84mm with 15.0:1 slugs, a Portflow head, ITB's, and Hondata... With that setup he dynoed at 250+whp and 162 wt.. It ran an 11.43@117 but that was with it's shitty gearing letting him shift into 4th gear just as he crossed the 1320 mark... He basically could have reved kept reving and finished in 3rd but he would have been at like 10000 instead of 9500... I'm sure with his new tranny it should be able to pull low 11's hopefully high 10's... Anyways good luck and let us all know what you end up doing... Peace

[Modified by Kataku2K3, 5:29 PM 1/1/2003]