Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with del sol ls swap

Old 11-13-2017, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with del sol ls swap

Alright guys I'm a new member but use to lurk the forums for years I can't find any help with some questions I have for a obd2 ls in a 93 del sol.
parts:
obd2 b18b1 and Manuel trans
obd1 b18b1 wiring harness
obd1 distributer
spectre intake
skunk2 throttle body (I'm thinking of switching to a smaller one later when I can get some extra cash)
p28 ecu chipped and tuned stock ls baseman
and p06 from del sol
Questions
with the harness do I need to wire the purge valve soleniod plug? I've heard I don't need it and heard i do and if I do what vacuum line runs to it?

first start up it fired right up with the p06 why. Ran like poo tho so made some adjustments and switched vacuum lines. Ran a bit better and ran codes. Map tps and o2. Switched to the p28 ecu and it started and died over and over replaced coil in the dizzy and wires and still not running. Checked fuel pressure and it had fuel. I do have some jankie wiring under the dash from the previous owner installing an alarm which they failed at. Still need to fix it or repllace ignition? Switched back to the other way and fired right up and stayed running. I opened the p28 and saw that q31 was burnt along with appeared to be corrosion on the plug pins entering the circuit board. Easy fix? Or can I switch the chip over to the p06?
I could really use advise and really interested in learning anything. The car bogs accelerating till 4-4.5 rpms and takes off hard almost like vtec lol. Idle cold 1.5 rpms and warmed up 1.2. At idle it seems to miss fire . I plan switching throttle bodys. I believe i have a b20 obd1 tb laying around, would that work? I know I need to clean the iacv and should I just get a new tps or try and calibrate the 3 I have that are extras? The map was just I had the wrong map sensor plugged in I had the harness plugged into it not the original d15 map plug. Why would the original get voltage but not the harness?

I'm open ears to advise, down talking idc I love learning this stuff

Last edited by Corey Kolibaba; 11-13-2017 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Never finished it and Idk how it posted
Old 11-14-2017, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Help with del sol ls swap

MAP and TPS plugs have same connectors, are they reversed.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No they aren't switched, the tps has the red wire in the middle. Idk why but the map plug on the obd1 ls harness gets no volts but the old d15 plug for the map on the fire wall gets voltage
Old 11-14-2017, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update cleaned iacv brought the rpms down from 1.5 to 1k for idle