Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!!! CAR WONT START UP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!! CAR WONT START UP!!!!

ok i was just changing my cap, rotor, and spark plug wires. i've already changed my spark plugs 2 weeks ago. i just took off the cap and was about to un screw the rotor screw. later did i know the screw was pretty much rusted in..i was panicing about stripping the screw... i sprayed some PB blaster (that eats rust up) into the screw. before i sprayed the liquid its says its safe for spraying in a distributor for wet starts. so i guess the liquid is safe. i tried to unscrew the screw again and no luck. my friend has an extractor to remove the screw. so i put the new cap and wires on. started up the car and then nothing happen.. nothing sounded wrong but its not starting? i checked the spark plugs and theyre wet with fuel which is good. i started it again and no luck... someone please tell me what wrong with the car?
Old 09-26-2004, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HELP!!!!! CAR WONT START UP!!!! (akitomoto)

Try taking one of the spark plugs out and putting it in the spark plug wire and turn the engine over to see if you are getting spark. If you aren't then maybe since you sprayed liquid in the distributor it might have just got everyhting wet. Sometimes when people wash their engine bay and don't cover their distributor up water gets in there and the car want start. I would take the cap back off and blow the insides of the distributor out with air to try and dry it out. Good luck