Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Car wont go into gear!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Car wont go into gear!!!!!

I was driving home from work and I went to make a turn from a complete stop pretty quickly and i moved about 2 feet and then I heard a little pop and then the motor would just rev up.
I tryed putting it into gear but move but the car wount move anywhere. I tryed every gear and none of them worked!!!
I also tryed putting it into 1st gear without stepping on the clutch and it went right into first gear.
Is this my clutch or my axles or even my tranny?!?!?!?!
My clutch setup is an Clutch-net pressure plate with an ACT Street strip clutch in a 00 si tranny with driveshaft shop stage 1 axles.
Also BTW when i would be reving the motor up in different gears the speedometer would move also but the car wouldnt?!?!
Please help!
TIA
-Brian
Old 03-28-2003, 03:43 PM

Default Re: HELP!!! Car wont go into gear!!!!! (vtec69)

Its most likely the clutch, or from the popping sound, an axle.

The only time a car will rev like that is when its in neutral. Try looking under the hood, or even behind the wheels to see if there is a fluid leak near the tranny, or if one of the axles popped out.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!! Car wont go into gear!!!!! (Dark_Sol)

alright i just jacked the car up and went under the car and didnt see any of the axles broken but i tryed to spin the driver side wheel and i heard a clunking sound and the axle shaft didnt turn when i turned the tire just the boot spinned
any suggestions???
Old 03-28-2003, 05:17 PM

Default Re: HELP!!! Car wont go into gear!!!!! (vtec69)

inside of the rubber boot, there are three bearings that let the axle slide back in. Thats what that popping noise was I bet, they pulled out. Try removing the boot, and grab some surgeon gloves because theres a lot of grease in there, and put the bearings back on and slide them in.

If you check on each one, two sides are skinnier than the other two, those are the wants you want to slide back into the axle. It can be a pain in the ***, but its doable.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP!!! Car wont go into gear!!!!! (Dark_Sol)

Cool man I just hope i dont need to buy new axles and hope that it just poped out

thanks
-Brian

inside of the rubber boot, there are three bearings that let the axle slide back in. Thats what that popping noise was I bet, they pulled out. Try removing the boot, and grab some surgeon gloves because theres a lot of grease in there, and put the bearings back on and slide them in.

If you check on each one, two sides are skinnier than the other two, those are the wants you want to slide back into the axle. It can be a pain in the ***, but its doable.