Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! All Techs and Swap Installers! JDM vs USDM Wiring Harness!

Old 04-26-2003, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! All Techs and Swap Installers! JDM vs USDM Wiring Harness!

i need to know if what this guy is saying is true asap! all mechanics and techs reply!:*NOTE THIS IS GOING INTO A 93 LX 4 DOOR: this is what someone emailed me:
The the Type R swap is a complete swap.
Since your car is an OBD1, both the ecu's and distributors are usless to you because they are OBD2.

A 94-95 GSR ecu is ideal. As far as dropping the motor in you need nothing. Mounting engine accessories I can
not speak for (p/s a/c).
The R motor you will need a USDM Vtec wiring
harness.
The JDM is set up for the battery to be on the driver side.

The OBD2 to OBD1 conversion and the wiring harness might not reach but some say it can.

what i would need (OBD2 to OBD1 conversion, maybe wiring harness, and what else)

ok now, is this true? the JDM wiring harness differs from US Wiring Harness? Do i have to relocate the battery? I can't use the JDM ECU and distributor? I can't use the JDM Wiring Harness! help please thanks in advance!
Old 04-26-2003, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help! All Techs and Swap Installers! JDM vs USDM Wiring Harness! (24hourflipness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 24hourflipness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok now, is this true? the JDM wiring harness differs from US Wiring Harness? Do i have to relocate the battery? I can't use the JDM ECU and distributor? I can't use the JDM Wiring Harness! help please thanks in advance!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jdm id Right Hand Drive is the wiring harness in opposite of USDM. No, use your stock harness and add the extra wires for the motor and convert the motor it OBD 1. If you convert the motor, NO.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Help! All Techs and Swap Installers! JDM vs USDM Wiring Harness! (turbogixxer)

you don't need to relocate the battery. don't use the jdm ecu because it has a shitty program and it has a speed governor about roughly 119 mph.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Help! All Techs and Swap Installers! JDM vs USDM Wiring Harness! (24hourflipness)

You can use the complete OBDII swap in the car, OBDII components included and simply use an OBDI ECU. You will need a USDM OBDII Integra engine harness which will plug into the shock towers just like your stock OBDI engine harness does. Of course you could use your stock harness and then salvage the necessary OBDII plugs from the JDM harness that will come with the motor but it will involve some splicing and repining which all can be avoided by using the harness I mentioned.
All you will need is a chipped P28 or equivalent OBDI ECU to control the engine. The OBDII to OBDI conversion harness is useless and wouldn't even work. They are designed to covert an OBDII car's ECU plugs to OBDI which you already have because your car is a 93. As stated, the JDM engine harness is basically useless other than to salvage extra plugs from.