Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hatch swaps what do u guys like?

Old 04-19-2003, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch swaps what do u guys like?

What do u guys like in a hatch swap I like The GSR motor ?
But my Friend says that the H22 is a sick one?

Modified by scarface at 11:00 PM 4/19/2003
Old 04-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (scarface)

if i could lock threads....
Old 04-19-2003, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like GSR heads on H22 block swaps. Now those bad boys are sick!
Old 04-19-2003, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (lazy bum shaughn)

pay no attention to the smart aleicy commments. Most people who i know go for the gsr swap but rarely do people put a h22a motor in there cars reason being its more work with the firewall hardly any space for the motor all that yelba,yelba ****.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (preluder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by preluder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">pay no attention to the smart aleicy commments. Most people who i know go for the gsr swap but rarely do people put a h22a motor in there cars reason being its more work with the firewall hardly any space for the motor all that yelba,yelba ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

right... but its all for performance right??
Old 04-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (purek9hybrid)

personally my fav swap would be the evo 4g63 motor. im sure some of you have seen the civic hatch with that swap
Old 04-19-2003, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

personaly for the hatch i would prolly go LS/VTEC 1.8 bottom and 1.6 top. this setup is sweet espeiclaly all motor i got a buddy doing 12.2 all day long wit that!! otherwise i got wit a CR/VTEC swap boosted....never go H22 ina hatch unless u r stupid!! H22 is too much weight and car sucks in turns so unless u goign for all motor drag *** champion of the year then don't h22. besides do a 1.8 to 2.0 and 1.6 the top end u got torque ...not real reasonf ofr going h22 unless liek i said before or u just don't have cash to do it right or u just wanna say u got it
Old 04-19-2003, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (SikCivic)

itr
Old 04-19-2003, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (pennies_hatchie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pennies_hatchie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">itr </TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed its what i want to do
Old 04-20-2003, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech User

your going to get the same answer i give everyone............"it all depends on what you want the car to do"

steve
Old 04-20-2003, 02:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for my dumb reply earlier, but my favorite swap in a hatch is a swap that will make your car rip in the 1/4. Whether it's an H22 or a little 1.6 SOHC.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:00 PM

you should buy an integra gsr, wreck it, salvage it, then buy an eg and swap like me! and remember, dont drink and drive, u might spill your beer
Old 04-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SikCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">personaly for the hatch i would prolly go LS/VTEC 1.8 bottom and 1.6 top. this setup is sweet espeiclaly all motor i got a buddy doing 12.2 all day long wit that!! otherwise i got wit a CR/VTEC swap boosted....never go H22 ina hatch unless u r stupid!! H22 is too much weight and car sucks in turns so unless u goign for all motor drag *** champion of the year then don't h22. besides do a 1.8 to 2.0 and 1.6 the top end u got torque ...not real reasonf ofr going h22 unless liek i said before or u just don't have cash to do it right or u just wanna say u got it</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahahahahaha... pure example of diaphreaa of the mouth.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (fastwanabe)

wtf u talkin bout?
Old 04-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SikCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf u talkin bout?</TD></TR></TABLE>

read your post again genius, looks and sounds like you read to many import tuner mags.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (fastwanabe)

yeah, the h22 swap sucks
Old 04-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SikCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf u talkin bout?</TD></TR></TABLE>
that you have absolutley NO IDEA what your talking about.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (Kamin)

the h22 is pure bs in a car that light unless it is a pure drag car....a h22 in a hatch or crx can't even make it through a turn my buddy has one i drove it and its good for drag but turns suck...seriously there r alot better options than h22 in a hatch
Old 04-25-2003, 09:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SikCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the h22 is pure bs in a car that light unless it is a pure drag car....a h22 in a hatch or crx can't even make it through a turn my buddy has one i drove it and its good for drag but turns suck...seriously there r alot better options than h22 in a hatch</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah you really dont know what your talking about at all, you should stop giving out false information to people who would really like to know the truth about an h22 swap.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SikCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the h22 is pure bs in a car that light unless it is a pure drag car....a h22 in a hatch or crx can't even make it through a turn my buddy has one i drove it and its good for drag but turns suck...seriously there r alot better options than h22 in a hatch</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, wait until more of the h22a guys come in. Better put on your flamesuit buddy, 'cause it's about to get hot inhere. I'm glad Fastwanabe came in here. ( one of the h22a guys) Now, put him in his place.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BULL ******* ****!
it does NOT affect handling that bad

your a TOOL, dont spout the bullshit you hear from everyone because they are wrong.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (Kamin)

There is nothing wrong with going with an h22. You'll have to upgrade your suspension but once that is done the handling is as normal as a b-series engine swap.

Ask the people that have done the h22 swap. All these idiots that are giving u this BS info have never had any experience in a h22 civic.

Also do a search theres alot info and feedback form the poeple that have done this swap.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch swaps what do u guys like? (hot_EG)

You know what I love when you get a couple of guys together AND DONT KNOW WHAT THE **** THERE TALKING ABOUT!!!!. You guys should realize that we are all Hybrid Freaks, and we all have our own oppinoin on what swaps to do. But for you guys that hate H22 swaps and thinks they cant handel for ****, come around my neck of the woods and I promise you I 'll change you mind about H22 and if dont change your mind then at least I see you complainig in my rear view mirror!!!!

Santos
Old 04-25-2003, 06:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SikCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the h22 is pure bs in a car that light unless it is a pure drag car....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did your local mechanic tell you that or something?
Old 04-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"My friends cousin mom had an uncle that has a friend with an H22 and his friend said it handles bad".... This is the kind of nonsense that get me pissed, you drove the car and took a turn only a supercar could have managed. Grow up and stop spewing bullshit opinions. H22 hatches/coupes can handle just as good with the proper suspention. You drove the car on a shitty suspention and now your the expert? BTW skunk coilovers on stock shocks is not considered a good suspention.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hatch swaps what do u guys like?