Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing

Old 01-17-2003, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing

I've only used the HASport kits so I don't have any experience with the others, but I've heard one of them has a kit that allows the B-series engines to sit level like as in it was there originally in an EF chassis. I'm curious as to which kit it is so I can get the extra room that my engine is taking up from leaning forward. Am I being mislead here or is there a kit that allows this?
Old 01-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing (tzsir)

HCP + EF sits pretty flat from what I've seen.

And from what I can tell it's got a lil more manifold to radiator room than the Hasport

What are you trying to get room for? turbo?

[Modified by hot_EG, 4:09 PM 1/19/2003]
Old 01-18-2003, 02:02 AM

There are sooo many kits out there... I just finished a swap today using a HA Sport mount kit and I'm sorry the kit is just crap, (ok I just don't like it) I've used nothing but hcp for the last like 15 swaps and love how it works and how it places the motor. And yes the hcp kit places the motor as close to stock sir as possible. I would suggest the HCP kit to anyone. As far as place, I've only used one of their kits and it was prob the first one they came out with and it wasn't that great, but like i said, it was a very old kit. The Hasport kit places the motor farther back giving more room for turbo and larger headers, the HCP kit will push the motor foraward, giving more firewall clearance. But I guess it all depends on what you are looking for and where you want the room.

Peace
Old 01-18-2003, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing (NirSpec1)

Your incorrect, HCP does not have more firewall clearance. Place has the most firewall clearance. always has. Firewall clearance has never been an issue with any mount kit, and HCP has the least. Are you sure you have done 15 installs?

brian g
Old 01-19-2003, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing (brian g)

I just need to know which I'll need to use for the maximum amount of space in front for a turbo manifold.

edit: I want to go with a larger turbo, but there's no room for it. I going to get a half-sized radiator and possibly a jimfam crossmember, but I still need more room to fit everything I'm getting frustrated here.

[Modified by tzsir, 3:57 AM 1/19/2003]
Old 01-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HCP= more frontal room, less IM to firewall clearance.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing (hot_EG)

does anyone have pics side by side if all three mount kits? I have place, but no pics of it. But it does have plenty of room at the firewall. Cant use an OEM fan infront of the header. And I'm not sure if an AC compressor would fit (i have no AC).

HCP kits are four mount kits right?
Old 01-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing (efzero.com)

You want the hasport. In the Ef's, I have seen a number of people remove broken/crappy HCP mounts and replace them with Hasport units. A freind of mine just recently installed an HCP mount kit last season, and with less than 5,000 miles on them the urethane on the drivers side has come out of the mount and the motor has slid back twoards the firewall where it destroyed the TPS and connector. The passenger side is sagging and starting to come out of the mount, the outer edge is all worn away. As anyone can tell you, the front mount that comes with the kit is a joke. And the rear is getting eaten away from the drivers side one not doing anything. Honda has even admitted by design that the true SiR position was not optimal, but a compromise so they could still icorperate the ABS system and not have an absured angle on the axles. Plus think about customer service, I have never heard of anyone having trouble dealing with Hasport, heck you even have a rep right here on the board. Try that with HCP or Place , even their dealers have trouble getting product from them, let alone warranty.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing (CRX-RX)

does using the JDM mounts require movement of the brackets that are connected to the body? Or are they the same from EF to ED?

I would also figure that using the JDM mounts and linkage would also require the usage of the jap front crossmember for the fact that I would assume the radius arms would hit the harmonic balancer and/or the transmission. and the front mount would probs not line up with the brackets on the US front crossmember.

The only reason that I am thinking aobut this is not that I would want to do it, cause I already have my place mounts and am happy with them. But we all know that polyurethane mounts dont ride near as nice as the OEM rubber ones.

Just a thought....anyone?
Old 01-27-2003, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing (riceboy)

hey NirSpec1: exactly what is your problem with Hasport? IMO their products are superior and their customer service is outstanding
Old 01-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing (dreamer)

[QUOTE]hey NirSpec1: exactly what is your problem with Hasport? IMO their products are superior and their customer service is outstanding[/QUOTE)
well actually I have HASports in my EF and like them very much. I did manage to break my pass side mount though and HASport would not send me a new till after they recieved the old one. I found that to be a bit retarded cause they already knew that the problem excisted and would only to the problem by not sending the new mount out, HCP never did that to me, the'd sent a new out no questions asked.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Hasport Vs. HCP Vs. Place racing (fastwanabe)

thats just business man. how do they know you're not trying to scam them out of a pass side mount? granted, its pretty far fetched that someone would want to do that, but I understand where they're coming from. I guess HCP mounts are cheap enough that they can afford to give them away j/k