Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HASPORT axle problem, H22 CRX

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HASPORT axle problem, H22 CRX

I have a H22a in a UK spec 1989 Honda CRX using hasport mounts and axles, the car is being put together by a tuning/building shop and they have said they are having problems with axle fitment. It appears the axles are an inch or so too long either side and this doesnt allow the lower balljoint to go in place. The only things I can think are wrong are:-

-Axles supplied are incorrect
-The intermediate shaft I supplied the shop is incorrect
-The UK / EDM chassis has different hubs or suspension setup

Has anyone had simalar issues? Or does anyone have any thoughts as to what it could be?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 02-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HASPORT axle problem, H22 CRX

I also thought they could have sent me 2 drivers side axles or 2 passenger side axles? this is a picture of what I recieved below.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by djnikko
I have a H22a in a UK spec 1989 Honda CRX using hasport mounts and axles, the car is being put together by a tuning/building shop and they have said they are having problems with axle fitment. It appears the axles are an inch or so too long either side and this doesnt allow the lower balljoint to go in place. The only things I can think are wrong are:-

-Axles supplied are incorrect
-The intermediate shaft I supplied the shop is incorrect
-The UK / EDM chassis has different hubs or suspension setup

Has anyone had simalar issues? Or does anyone have any thoughts as to what it could be?

Any help is greatly appreciated
It's possible you don't have the axles properly seated. In the picture there are two different axles. The top axle in the picture is the one that mates with the intermediate shaft. Notice the full splines, it will seat deeper than the other axle in the intermediate shaft.

The bottom axle goes into the transmission and you need to make sure it slides in far enough in that the transmission seal seats up against the large body of the inner joint.

You can email me a brian@hasport.com if you have more questions.

brian g
Old 02-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have had full race confirm they are for a B series swap but thats no good to me as I need axles for a H22 into EF CRX. They have told me to return the axles it will cost $360 for shipping then even then they cant guarantee a replacement.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Who did you order those from originally? Also you may email me directly if you want.

brian g
Old 02-24-2010, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hi brian, the original order was from full race. I have sent you an email with the info. Thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok well it seems like hasport or full race sent me the wrong axles and are now ignoring my emails to get this resolved. Has anyone else had any poor customer care from hasport or full race?
Old 04-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I apologize if you are feeling ignored, here is the info I thought I sent weeks ago. Unfortunately the axles you originally purchased three years ago from Full Race are not correct and the only parts that can be used are the outer joints.

Other than exchanging those axles with Full Race, we think a local solution is to use two EF8/EF9 rh axles with Prelude H-series inner joints. That's providing you have the Prelude jackshaft also. With the EF8/9 axles the outer joints can be left on and used. BTW the EF8/9 right axle is shorter than anything we have here for Hondas in the US, but should be the correct length for your application.

brian g
Old 04-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by djnikko
I also thought they could have sent me 2 drivers side axles or 2 passenger side axles? this is a picture of what I recieved below.

CAn you post a picture of the part numbers on the end of these axle boxes?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did send Brian this info previously. The boxes have since been thrown away but the part number on the box was EFBAX which from my understanding is Bseries shafts for an EF CRX or civic chassis. I needed H series shafts for a EF CRX chassis. I even ordered a Hasport H series mount kit, PWR rad and EF traction bar with the same order so I cant see where the mistake was made.

I have been told B series shafts are too long for the H22 into EF CRX but shall give it a go. I have since ordered a new set of Hasport EF CRX axles to help me get to the race track on time. Im hoping you can sympathise with my frustration at spending over $460 delivered on axles and then 3 years later finding out I cant use them having to spend another $460. I previously spoke to Geoff at full race about this and he refferred me to you guys.