Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has any one made a auto to stick conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has any one made a auto to stick conversion.

please any one out thier that can help me out? Ijust got a 1996 dx civic from my aunt as a gift but my problem is that the transmission is automatic i wanted to know if it is possible to make it a stick?? And if so, what do i need and how much $$$money$$$ do i need?? oh yea dose any one in the LA/SB county know of any good shops that sale/swap engins??? thank you...
Old 08-05-2002, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: has any one made a auto to stick conversion. (delete187)

please any one out thier that can help me out? Ijust got a 1996 dx civic from my aunt as a gift but my problem is that the transmission is automatic i wanted to know if it is possible to make it a stick?? And if so, what do i need and how much $$$money$$$ do i need?? oh yea dose any one in the LA/SB county know of any good shops that sale/swap engins??? thank you...
best bet w/ this one is to do a engine swap at the same time. you're gonna need clutch pedal assy and lines off of a EK '96+ civic for that conversion, I don't think 5th gen civic or 3rg gen teg lines would work - but the clutch pedal assy, master cylinder and slave cylinder can be used. other than that is the holes for the shifter (unless you do a h22) - other issues will be the interlock switch (the thing that stops you from taking the key out when it's not in park) and the clutch pedal-starter switch (I bypassed it on my old car). also you're gonna have to run the wires for the reverse lights. other than that it'll work. Almost forgot -some company makes a tranny mount (b/d-series upper tranny mounts are interchangable -hydro 5-speeds only) that will mount the stick tranny in the right place w/o hacking the frame bracket. btw: I had a shop do it in my old white hatch (b18b swap) and I ended up having to rewire most of their mess, plus I saw it was pretty easy to pull off. any ?'s just ask.

-l8r
Old 08-05-2002, 08:54 PM

Default Re: has any one made a auto to stick conversion. (Death Scythe)

do you now of any good shops in south cali???
Old 08-05-2002, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: has any one made a auto to stick conversion. (delete187)

do you now of any good shops in south cali???
Hey mang, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm probably getting the swap done at the same time of the 5-spd conversion. As of late, I'm also scoping out some places that could do this.

for both of us.