Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness Pins and Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness Pins and Connectors

Hey all,

I'm putting an OBD1 GSR in my 93 Civic si. The wiring is pretty simple, and all the information on this (and other sites) has been awesome. I'm using the complete GSR engine harness, and plugging in to the civic body harness. My questions are about electrical harness pins and connectors.

Where would I go about getting some pins for the body side of the harness (specifically, pins for the connectors on the passenger side spring tower). Likewise, the GSR engine harness has an extra 2-pin connector in that same location that my civic doesn't have (for the EVAP Purge Solenoid). Any idea where I could get the body side connector to match with this?

Thanks for any help you can provide. There's virtually no salvage yards around here that have import stuff. I'm hoping one of you may have a junk harness, or know of a vendor or something. Thanks in advance-- Dan Cordon
Old 05-07-2005, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Harness Pins and Connectors (cord4530)

Great news! I found a solution. A trip to my local wrecking yard found only one Honda....a 1990 Accord. It's a grey plug car, so I was able to get some pins off the harness.

The better news is about the 2-pin connector from the GSR that wasn't on the Civic body harness. The necessary body side connector is the same as the horn connector on the Accord! I pulled two of these just to check, and they both fit perfectly. Now I can use factory connectors for the job. Hopefully this helps out someone else in the future too.

--
Dan Cordon
Mechanical Engineer - Engine Research Facility
University of Idaho