Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h2d with a twist questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h2d with a twist questions

me and my friend are considering doing a swap that i have yet to see here and i have some questions, here is the idea you take a 89 honda wagovan 4wd get and h2d adapter plate and a h22a. the questions i have are

1. do you think the old wagovan tranny can hold the power of the motor with out rebiulding it? (it would have an upgraded clutch of course)

2.the ef generation cars have kind of small engine bays do h2d swaps clear the hood or would it need spacers or to cut the frame on the bottom of the hood?

3.i am under the belief the wagovan tranny will mate with any d-series am i correct in saying this?

4.what problems do you see arising with this swap excluding things that would arise in a normal h2d swap

this i all hypothetical but both me and my friend have done b-swaps and i have am confident in our ablelity to do such a swap as long as the fabrication was very minimal i.e. maybe making a mount or something along those lines.

also i relize that making and obd1 engine go into a obd0 car will require making a new wiring harness i think i am capable of this with enough research and time
Old 12-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h2d with a twist questions (darkclark)

bump!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darkclark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">me and my friend are considering doing a swap that i have yet to see here and i have some questions, here is the idea you take a 89 honda wagovan 4wd get and h2d adapter plate and a h22a. the questions i have are

1. do you think the old wagovan tranny can hold the power of the motor with out rebiulding it? (it would have an upgraded clutch of course)

2.the ef generation cars have kind of small engine bays do h2d swaps clear the hood or would it need spacers or to cut the frame on the bottom of the hood?

3.i am under the belief the wagovan tranny will mate with any d-series am i correct in saying this?

4.what problems do you see arising with this swap excluding things that would arise in a normal h2d swap

this i all hypothetical but both me and my friend have done b-swaps and i have am confident in our ablelity to do such a swap as long as the fabrication was very minimal i.e. maybe making a mount or something along those lines.

also i relize that making and obd1 engine go into a obd0 car will require making a new wiring harness i think i am capable of this with enough research and time</TD></TR></TABLE>

U will break parts.....
Old 06-05-2008, 09:10 AM

1. I know for a fact that a stock d series tranny can hold the power... d series trannies are one of the strongest honda trannys.... but can the axles handle the power???

2. and yes you would need to do extensive cutting and welding... and you would need to cut a hole in your hood, or raise it up an inch errr two... but the problem with the ef's is that you will have to make a custom drivers side motor mount.. and thats ALOT of work.

3. and im pretty sure the wago tranny should work with the h2d kit... but im not sure how the awd works

4. and i dont feel like thinking of more problems youll run into hah

but if your going to do it i give you major props.. im doing my h2d in my eg next weekend.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: h2d with a twist questions (95egBubble)

bisimoto makes a h2d D/S mount thats makes th swap a whole lot easier i didnt have to cut my frame rail just had to eliminate balance shafts and cut the crank pulley to a single and it cleared ill get pics up soon but the mount is 175 shipped and for the tranny issue mine held up fine and i ran a 11.88 no torque steer no problems
Old 06-16-2008, 09:23 AM

Default Re: h2d with a twist questions (sean-sports)

are you flapen serious??? haha im doing the swap in a couple days... i HAVE to order that mount... is it just the single mount?? then you dont have to cut the frame rail?? did you use the other stock d series mounts??