Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h2b questions?????? help me figurw this out

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h2b questions?????? help me figurw this out

Ok I'm going h2b in my eg coupe now there are aome questions I have before I start buying all my parts

1. Supposedly the EVO h2b kit if used you must use there mounts you cammot use another aftermarket mount like hasport or avid is this tru because I wanted to re used my solid mounts I bought a couple years ago and yes they are bseries

2. Supposedly using the evo kit you don't have any clearance issues with the frame rail like the timing belt cover not clearing or the crank pulley

3. I will be buying an obd2 h22/f20b now what do I do distributer wise do I use a dizzy jumper or just an obd1 dizzy if so what dizzy will work from which motors

4. Is it tru the qsd kit requires more modification then the evo kit

Sorry if I sound a little lost but I have read allot of different faqs which have lead me to these questions si any help would be apreciated and sorry for my spelling I'm on my cell phone thanks
Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: h2b questions?????? help me figurw this out

You could repin the obd2 distributor or get an obd1 distributor.
Other than that, no idea but I have heard the qsd kit has a little worse clearance. You can run a K series crank pulley somehow, I'm still working on that. But that is narrower and keeps the rubber dampening ring unlike the single pulley pulleys you sometimes see used.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Evo kit if your building a show car. Qsd if your building a car that actually functions. F20b has a single row crank pulley from the factory, you can also buy a single row euro r/f20b crank pulley For the h22 or get the ac/ps rows machined off
Old 03-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SteelcityLude
Evo kit if your building a show car. Qsd if your building a car that actually functions. F20b has a single row crank pulley from the factory, you can also buy a single row euro r/f20b crank pulley For the h22 or get the ac/ps rows machined off
Wat do u mean by that evo kit for show car qsd for function??? This will be my daily driven street car and occasionally raced at the track

And thanks for the crank pulley note

Any answers for my motor mount question
Old 03-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by djsimm89
Ok I'm going h2b in my eg coupe now there are aome questions I have before I start buying all my parts

1. Supposedly the EVO h2b kit if used you must use there mounts you cammot use another aftermarket mount like hasport or avid is this tru because I wanted to re used my solid mounts I bought a couple years ago and yes they are bseries
2. Supposedly using the evo kit you don't have any clearance issues with the frame rail like the timing belt cover not clearing or the crank pulley

3. I will be buying an obd2 h22/f20b now what do I do distributer wise do I use a dizzy jumper or just an obd1 dizzy if so what dizzy will work from which motors

4. Is it tru the qsd kit requires more modification then the evo kit

Sorry if I sound a little lost but I have read allot of different faqs which have lead me to these questions si any help would be apreciated and sorry for my spelling I'm on my cell phone thanks
1. You gotta use their mounts. QSD kit allows you to use any B series mounts you wish. Evo is more expensive for this reason, because it comes with mounts. I'd go with QSD and save yourself some $$ since you already have some nice solid ones..
2. I wouldn't say it doesn't have any clearance issues, maybe less, either kit your going to have to remove the rear balance shaft gear and shave your crank pulley down to single or get a F20B/Euro R pulley from Hmotors
3. Not a wiring guru so hopefully someone else can answer this for you
4. About the same amount of work as far as I know, but I have only used the QSD kit. (installation is very easy)
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Krut
1. You gotta use their mounts. QSD kit allows you to use any B series mounts you wish. Evo is more expensive for this reason, because it comes with mounts. I'd go with QSD and save yourself some $$ since you already have some nice solid ones..
2. I wouldn't say it doesn't have any clearance issues, maybe less, either kit your going to have to remove the rear balance shaft gear and shave your crank pulley down to single or get a F20B/Euro R pulley from Hmotors
3. Not a wiring guru so hopefully someone else can answer this for you
4. About the same amount of work as far as I know, but I have only used the QSD kit. (installation is very easy)
Thanks for the help and evo makes a kit without mounts but idk if that means u can use any bseries mount like the qsd kit would and as far as the balanceshaft gear being removed will this effect the motor in a negative way

And I saw in your Sig u went 12.1 in an all motor h2b that's nice thats what I'm aiming for in a sense
Old 03-27-2012, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Morning bump
Old 03-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the help and evo makes a kit without mounts but idk if that means u can use any bseries mount like the qsd kit would and as far as the balanceshaft gear being removed will this effect the motor in a negative way

And I saw in your Sig u went 12.1 in an all motor h2b that's nice thats what I'm aiming for in a sense
They sell it without the mounts for people that somehow already have them.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DR_PEPPER
They sell it without the mounts for people that somehow already have them.
I kno that but my question is can you use any bseries mount or do u have to have the EVO mounts
Old 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I kno that but my question is can you use any bseries mount or do u have to have the EVO mounts
As far as I know you have to use the evo mounts. Someone locally said he was using hasport mounts with his evo kit. I didn't see it with my own eyes so idk how true that is.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I said Evo kit for a show car because the hood actually closes without modification and less clearance issues with no frame rail modification. BUT, the Evo kit is known to give problems changing gears in higher rpms, do a search on that subject.
The qsd is straight function over form and less money, some clearance modifications need made and the hood usually doesn't close without spacers. But it allows you to use any b series mounts, gives you a better axle and shift linkage postion and doesn't have any of the high rpm gear shifting issues. Did I mention it's cheaper lol
Old 03-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I said Evo kit for a show car because the hood actually closes without modification and less clearance issues with no frame rail modification. BUT, the Evo kit is known to give problems changing gears in higher rpms, do a search on that subject.
The qsd is straight function over form and less money, some clearance modifications need made and the hood usually doesn't close without spacers. But it allows you to use any b series mounts, gives you a better axle and shift linkage postion and doesn't have any of the high rpm gear shifting issues. Did I mention it's cheaper lol
Thanks for the info

Now as far as thw dizzzy is concerned would I b able to use a dizzy off an obd1 vtec accord ??
Old 03-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get the QSD kit, people pop up fairly frequently having shifting issues with the Evo kit.

The QSD kit leaves the transmission in the stock position, which is ideal.

The QSD has better ground clearance, worse hood clearance.

QSD is cheaper, since you already have B-series mounts. You will have to buy the Evo mounts for the Evo kit to work in your car, or make your own mounts.

The only "modification" I can think of that is needed is to grind the back of the block down for the half-shaft to clear. It's really not a big deal, should take 5 minutes if that.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im a evo kit owner, i used my boy hasport mounts an it fitted..just to throw that out there
Old 03-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EJ-1
im a evo kit owner, i used my boy hasport mounts an it fitted..just to throw that out there
Nice to kno the only reason I would go EVO is for hood clearence anyone wit qsd find a way to have theory hood close with no gap??? And still no info on dizzy anyone?
Old 03-30-2012, 03:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 03-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I read some where that some one cut the braces off there hood to make it clear you could always try that.
But my self i went with the QSD kit. I would rather have the motor/tranny in the stock place. Be able to us any b mounts i want. But thats just me.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. I have the evo kit and it uses hasport mounts... unless they are hasport mounts specifically for evo, I don't know why other people are misinforming you.
2. My setup is in a crx, so it's different but I have very little clearance with the frame rail.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well bump for me picked up a h22 and a qsd kit from a local seller only downfall is it came with no instructions anyone have some that they can send me
Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump need instructions for a qsd h2b kit for eg
Old 04-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I disagree with this. Our car has an evo kit and we shift at 11k. Many factors can cause poor shifting, but the position the evo kit puts the tranny is not one of them.

Aftermarket b-series mounts can be used except for the driver side. An engine side bracket would need to be made to use the b-series front mount.

The distributor you want is an internal coil one from any OBD1 or OBD2 JDM H22 engine. USDM distributors are external coil. OBD1 will be plug-n-play anf the OBD2 just needs the plug changed, but all the wires are the same.

As for install instructions, it is pretty straight forward. Just lay everything out and good common sense will be enough.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by andyKAIZENSPEED
I disagree with this. Our car has an evo kit and we shift at 11k. Many factors can cause poor shifting, but the position the evo kit puts the tranny is not one of them.

Aftermarket b-series mounts can be used except for the driver side. An engine side bracket would need to be made to use the b-series front mount.

The distributor you want is an internal coil one from any OBD1 or OBD2 JDM H22 engine. USDM distributors are external coil. OBD1 will be plug-n-play anf the OBD2 just needs the plug changed, but all the wires are the same.

As for install instructions, it is pretty straight forward. Just lay everything out and good common sense will be enough.
its not that easy i dont know what bolts are for what thats my main issue