Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h2b with out a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h2b in a eg without a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers)

Just finished the fab. Had the motor in and pulled it to torque everything. Built a drivers side mount from steel. Tapped the trans for the lower starter bolt. Since it had no threads to thread in to. Ground the block and the intermediate shaft fits in stock location like a b series. bolts right up to the block with a litte work. Put 1in spacers in the hood but might go to 3/4 in. I like a smaller gap and cut the webbing out of hood. I also built a adapter for the wishbone mount in the back and this goes from the b series mount to the h22a block. Note this is where the stock h series wishbone goes to. Built a sandwich plate for the top 2 bolts in the trans. Its bolts to the intake side upper engine trans bolt whole and has 2 dowel that go into the trans. It pulls the top off the trans in. Then i built a piece that sit on the wishbone and a dowel that goes in the block. It goes in the lower engine block which is meant for lower engine/trans mating. Then it threads in the trans and pulls the trans toward the block. Then in the front i made to small pieces with dowels that pull the trans toward block. So that makes up the 5 mounting bolts and the dowels keep the trans from rotating. I shaved the crank pulley from a H23 and used it do to mine was damaged when the engine came. I also just to let everyone know used all stock mounts except hasport trans do to the car was an automatic. I just used window weld and filled them to make a cheap poly mount.The oil pan sit nice like a qsd kit and the axles are in line perfect. But i was not needed because there is no adapter plate moving the motor over 1/2 inch. All i have to do tonight is build a alternator bracket and remove a little from the back of the block for the axle. i put the axle in and there was only minimal clearance. I also have to fab a header up. Ill post up pictures tonight of everything. And the cost of my h2b adapting is $0 at this point. Not bad right. This is what happens when ur tired of waiting and playing phone for a adapter plate. Yesterday i finished all the wiring used a gsr harness. I fabbed up a custom header that fits nice and is up in the chassis. 4-2-1 stock top cut at collectors to 2 in down then y'd to 2.5 in out to cat it should flow way better then stock. I used a b series alt and the stock h alt bracket. Had to cut lower leg and reweld.I have to cut the stock intake manifold apart yet and make 1 runner out of 2. This is a little tip from dave at D-h. He does this trick work on the manis he sells. but i have to go to work pic later today
having trouble posting the pics but if u want to see pic go to http://www.myspace.com/vtecturbols then go to pictures h2b

Modified by vtecturbols at 5:06 AM 11/15/2007[

Modified by vtecturbols at 9:10 AM 11/15/2007

Modified by vtecturbols at 7:30 PM 11/15/2007
i forgot to add that i used b series 8pd flywheel and unsprung 6 puck with all 94 gsr axles and intermediate shaft. i also notched the bottom of the block out a little bit so that i could keep the seal guard on. the slave cylinder location is factory because i notched out the block to fit it. clutch feels normal and the cylinder is not at any angle. the only thin g i can think of that i didnt post. U most take the dowel out of the crank to get a b series flywheel to bolt up. also there is a notch that is in the upper center of the h block that stick out 1/2 in that was cut off. more pics to day on myspace got a new camera

Modified by vtecturbols at 5:14 AM 11/21/2007 more pics added to myspace. like i stated if someone tells me how to put up pics ill post them here

Modified by vtecturbols at 3:35 PM 11/21/2007
more then 2 months of beating and no problem except a headgasket. i added plating the the drivers mount and made it a little stronger for those haters because the head was off. its now ported polished and ready for more as for the h2b stuff works great with no prob starts every time and everything stays tight and straight no movement or bending so basically hate all u want it works just great and i love it

Modified by vtecturbols at 11:03 AM 12/19/2007
Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: h2b with out a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers) (vtecturbols)

Old 11-13-2007, 05:09 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: h2b with out a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers) (88ED8)

What chassis is this in ?

Wondering about axle angles.......

For fab skills though
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: h2b with out a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers) (vtecturbols)

Old 11-15-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: h2b with out a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers) (h22chilton)

now remember the transmission does not move. The only thing that would change ur axle angle would be the driver side mount. I made the angle the same on both sides and then measure my lsv turbo car and it the same as b series swap exactly. so it time to burn off the tires. all i need is a alt belt
Old 11-15-2007, 03:57 AM

an who are u i just got done with it yesterday pics are comin
Old 11-15-2007, 06:36 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecturbols &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now remember the transmission does not move. The only thing that would change ur axle angle would be the driver side mount. I made the angle the same on both sides and then measure my lsv turbo car and it the same as b series swap exactly. so it time to burn off the tires. all i need is a alt belt</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was more thinking about the mounts as you just stated though
The orig post didnt have the chassis in it, so i just questioned thats all ....
Old 11-15-2007, 03:05 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecturbols &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">an who are u i just got done with it yesterday pics are comin</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in for detailed engine to tranny pics.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (thehatchninja)

Why does your myspace say your from "A-town" PA but your profile here says NC?

Smells fishy to me...
Old 11-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Furyof4)

I love how he has an old picture of my engine bay on his myspace page with a title "an nice example of an h2b". Too bad it has an H22 tranny attached to the motor in that picture

http://viewmorepics.myspace.co...69238

Modified by skunked at 2:37 PM 11/16/2007
Old 11-17-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: (skunked)

i know it a h trans starter in front no **** nice pick of car so i used as an example because it looks clean
Old 11-17-2007, 01:41 PM

must be ur upper lip u smell i moved to the dirty and never changed it.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know why you guys are giving him a hard time about this. It's pretty damn innovative. Time will tell if it's a good option.

In for better pics and details.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:22 AM

bump for the truth ill post up more pics on myspace
Old 11-19-2007, 05:27 AM

i built this because like i said i tried to get an adapter plate for 3 months. tried 2 shops one in nc and my boys shop in the ny. and i talked over the phone with qsd 4-5 times in 3 month and that trying every night many times. He just kept telling me he doesnt have the stuff ready. next week i call nothing. I gave my boys shopp the money he talked to him he said the same game. I got sick of be played and picked my dough up and did it myself for nothing $700 saved
Old 11-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecturbols)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecturbols &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">must be ur upper lip u smell</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice comeback...

Prove us all wrong and show us some real pics with tech on how you pulled it off.

Untill then
Old 11-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecturbols)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecturbols &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know it a h trans starter in front no **** nice pick of car so i used as an example because it looks clean</TD></TR></TABLE>

example of a H22 hybrid yes, but not an H2B like you say it is.

Is my car pink too? Even though it's clearly red?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h2b in a eg without a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers) (vtecturbols)

bump for ma dude who was smart enough to figure out how to do it w/o the kit.There is no bs in this thread so stop hatin.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h2b in a eg without a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers) (silentryda)

i don't have myspace.. can you just post the pics here??
Old 11-19-2007, 12:10 PM

the pics are on the link up above
Old 11-19-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: h2b in a eg without a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers) (h22crxpwr)

u tell me how to put up picks. I been tryin. ive read the info how but cant get them to show. u tell me they be up to nite
Old 11-19-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: h2b in a eg without a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers) (silentryda)

good luck
Old 11-19-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: h2b in a eg without a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers) (h22crxpwr)

hit me up wit ur email ill send the pics

Quick Reply: h2b with out a adapter plate(This is for u do it yourselfers)