Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2B Kits - Evo and QSD

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H2B Kits - Evo and QSD

I've been searching and searching for as many pics of evo and qsd h2b kits as i can find to help try and make a decision on which to get.

Currently torn between ground clearance and hood clearance, framerail modification and axle alignment. By the way this is for DC integra, part daily, weekend racer.

I know this topic has been repeatedly covered about the pros and cons of each kit but i was hoping to see actual pics of users rides or pics that others have stored. Most of the old detailed threads for when both kits were first released don't have working pics anymore which is a shame.

For all you out there with either kit, please post pics and comments about it. Especially interested in anyone with either kit in a dc teg. (yes i've got lots of pics of matts ride )

This could become a handy resource for others trying to decide also.

Please include -

Which Kit
Chassis
Feedback

Cheers
Old 09-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2B Kits - Evo and QSD

I have the QSD kit in a EG chassis. I'm very happy with it, I chose it because you get to choose your own flywheel and mounts (perfect for someone already with a b swap, all you need is the h longblock), and it keeps the axles and shift linkage in perfect factory alignment, yes you give up some hood clearance but thats not something I care about, there are lots of things you can do to make it almost close anyways, (remove IAB plate, cut webbing from hood, get a CF hood, shave down the oil cap a bit etc.

If your looking for pics, here are tons: http://quartersportsdrag.com/Adapted_Rides.html
Old 09-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems like some people are having issues with the EVO kit. QSD for me.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-racing-36/h2b-shifting-problems-2387935/
Old 09-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm running the qsd kit just 2 real complaints i have with it the engine sits really high and i have to space the hood a lot on da, and when i got the kit the bracket to mount to the back of the block for the halfshaft was welded on backwards and i couldn't contact qsd so i had my shop cut it space it back out and weld it on the right way. Car runs fine except for tranny problems not stemming from the kit. overall pretty happy with the qsd kit havent heard of anyone else having problems with the kit as far as quality goes.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what is it that contacts the hood with the QSD kit? Is it the rear of the valve cover or the top of the im or both? I'm mainly interested in DC specific on that question.

the one single biggest problem i came across in my research with qsd is customer service and wait time on the kits ... even if they did have the best kit out there, whats the point if no one can get in contact with them to purchase one? also, i've read a fair few times where buyers of the kit have had a problem but couldn't get in touch with them. other than that though i haven't heard of any problems with the kit itself.

for evo, it was shifting problems. i believe they have rectified this problem through the use of the factory b series shift fork and modified slave cylinder block.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm running a qsd k manifold adapter and skunk2 k pro manifold that actually bends down in the back so the valvecover is whats hitting im kinda kicking around the idea of shaving the valve cover or doing something to my hood but I don't mind the spaced hood too much just catch **** from the people at work. I would love to have the stock hood be able to close to be a total sleeper.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much of the valve cover actually contacts the hood? is it only the rear edge and oil cap?

General question - is the only difference between qsd kits between chassis's the engine mount? so tranny plate, half shaft bracket and hardware is the same over all models and only the motor mount is different?

Would like to know because i've seen an ek kit going cheap and figured if i can get a hold of an eg/dc mount i'd be set. Just want to make sure first. I've emailed qsd a few times with no response. Also tried calling but no one picks up ...........
Old 09-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NAEGH22
what is it that contacts the hood with the QSD kit? Is it the rear of the valve cover or the top of the im or both? I'm mainly interested in DC specific on that question.

the one single biggest problem i came across in my research with qsd is customer service and wait time on the kits ... even if they did have the best kit out there, whats the point if no one can get in contact with them to purchase one? also, i've read a fair few times where buyers of the kit have had a problem but couldn't get in touch with them. other than that though i haven't heard of any problems with the kit itself.

for evo, it was shifting problems. i believe they have rectified this problem through the use of the factory b series shift fork and modified slave cylinder block.

Took about a month-month and a half to get my kit, a little long but I was in no rush because I wasn't going to do the swap for a while anyways. I can understand frustration though as a lot of people need parts quickly, Just plan months ahead and take your time. The rear part of the valve cover is going to be the part holding up your hood the most, as you can remove the iab plate to clear the hood. As far as i know the Euro R sits lower than the stock IM, and the skunk2 sits slightly higher.. Not many people have had shifting problems with the evo kit but the fact that some have turned me off from getting that kit completely, heck I had shifting problems right off the bat but it was my pressure plate (not the kits fault at all) it works great now.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

now that i think about it i don't see why there'd be any difference in the kits except for mounts seeing as how everything else is just set up to make it mount the same as a bseries swap which would be the same for every car.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah but the adapter plate is different and the driver side block mount is different as well. Which is likely for the motor to sit at a different angle and what not.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heard evo has probs with shifthing in high rpms.
for qsd no probs but only 1" spacers on the hood.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostedej1
yeah but the adapter plate is different and the driver side block mount is different as well. Which is likely for the motor to sit at a different angle and what not.
are you 100% sure the plate is different between different chassis's? i would've thought that only the mount would be different as the motor and gearbox dont change between models???'

Maybe 'Bserious'can chime in here and confirm?
Old 09-18-2010, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

QSD FTW...

You get better ground clearance which is important for daily driving... and drag racing. You also get oem axle angles...
Old 09-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you 100% sure the plate is different between different chassis's? i would've thought that only the mount would be different as the motor and gearbox dont change between models???'

Maybe 'Bserious'can chime in here and confirm?
I meant between the qsd kit and the evo kit.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DSRxCandyh2bEG
QSD FTW...

You get better ground clearance which is important for daily driving... and drag racing. You also get oem axle angles...

while that may be true, the problem with actually being able to get in contact with qsd remains
Old 09-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

EVO kits sucks... There tech support sucks... I would NEVER buy anything from evo again!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

while that may be true, the problem with actually being able to get in contact with qsd remains
You can try to go through some of their dealers? I believe Parris Engine Dynamics is one, not 100% sure though. I know SSR can get them as well...

Are you trying to buy the kit or you need help with something?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DSRxCandyh2bEG
You can try to go through some of their dealers? I believe Parris Engine Dynamics is one, not 100% sure though. I know SSR can get them as well...

Are you trying to buy the kit or you need help with something?
Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware they had dealers. Who is SSR?

One of my mates wants a kit and i need an engine mount bracket.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware they had dealers. Who is SSR?

One of my mates wants a kit and i need an engine mount bracket.
Six Sigma Racing
Old 09-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont know when you plan on doing the swap naegh22, but i'm going to see if i can get my hands on the solid cnc mount and will sell mine if you have an eg chassis. Judging by your screenname you do. Well thats if you can't get ahold of seth. I had issues at first. But i wasn't in a huge rush since it was still winter. It seemed as though they were just super busy and couldnt get to the phone. Or they were waiting to get stuff so they can make stuff.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Krut
Six Sigma Racing
lol i don't know why that didn't click when i saw it. thanks man

Originally Posted by boostedej1
I dont know when you plan on doing the swap naegh22, but i'm going to see if i can get my hands on the solid cnc mount and will sell mine if you have an eg chassis. Judging by your screenname you do. Well thats if you can't get ahold of seth. I had issues at first. But i wasn't in a huge rush since it was still winter. It seemed as though they were just super busy and couldnt get to the phone. Or they were waiting to get stuff so they can make stuff.
yeah i was chasing a billet mount also. i'll try through Parris and SSR and i'll also try QSD again.

QSD it is. just gotta try and get one now lol
Old 09-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE: 09-20-2010

Just ordered and paid for a H2B kit from QSD. I'll let you guys know what kind of communication i get and I'll post up when i get it. Hopefully we get one of the new billet mounts with the kit as i noticed a few others that recently got their kits had one included
Old 09-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well that seemed easy lol
Old 09-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah. will let you know once i get the kit
Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE - 09-21-2010

I have received good communication from QSD so far, letting me know that my order has been received.

Looking forward to receiving their products.

Quick Reply: H2B Kits - Evo and QSD