Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2B / F2B FAQ

Old 10-23-2007, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (HondaCivicSiR1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaCivicSiR1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i did read what you posted and the question i would really like to know is does it have to be a after market pulley or would a oem work?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i wouldn't see why not.you would just have to fined a belt that would work.
take the stock one and cut it and put it around the pulley and see how much you like or if you need to cut it again either way you will know.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (1700anddroping)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1700anddroping &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well i wouldn't see why not.you would just have to fined a belt that would work.
take the stock one and cut it and put it around the pulley and see how much you like or if you need to cut it again either way you will know.
</TD></TR></TABLE>ok thanks for your time
Old 10-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default H2B SH Block Mod

This question comes up here and there.

Can I do an H2B with an SH block?

Answer... yes, though the castings between a standard 5spd./Auto block and an SH block are different.

The rear of the SH block does not have revisions to hold a standard 5spd./Auto transmission intermediate axle, which is what the conversion kit adapters mount to. Honda created a different casting to allow the clearance for the ATTS transmission.

If you have an SH block to use, your either going to have to make your own, large, custom bracket spanning the entire back of the block or this:

Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2B SH Block Mod (Bserious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bserious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This question comes up here and there.

Can I do an H2B with an SH block?

Answer... yes, though the castings between a standard 5spd./Auto block and an SH block are different.

The rear of the SH block does not have revisions to hold a standard 5spd./Auto transmission intermediate axle, which is what the conversion kit adapters mount to. Honda created a different casting to allow the clearance for the ATTS transmission.

If you have an SH block to use, your either going to have to make your own, large, custom bracket spanning the entire back of the block or this:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

any close up pics of the bolt/weld?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2B SH Block Mod (CBR_15)

Not on hand, but what are you trying to see? The bungs welded on were just aluminum rod drilled out, tapped for the bolts, and welded to the block.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2B SH Block Mod (Bserious)

You can see the welded bungs pretty easily.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2B SH Block Mod (skunked)

I'm starting to think i should have posted this in the hybrid forum instead of the EF forum, but when I started it, i considered it more of a build thread than an "H2B EF how-to". Feel free to stick it in the FAQ or whatevs.

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1
Old 11-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RotiEatter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RotiEatter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That is pretty about the SH block. Do they go for cheaper than normal h22's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

there harder to find IMO.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jr_deleon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jr_deleon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have any individuals here who currently run H2b swaps had an h22 trans first? or did you have a b swap then got an H/F20b? Also has anyone who has an F20b had an H22 and give a comparison between the 2? I personally have had an H22 swapped (H trans) hatch but now swapping an F20b into my hatch (F2B S4C LSD trans) mainly because it was sitting right here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I had an H22 trans first. I have a thread with the details here: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1475661
Old 11-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (jdm4life^^)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm4life^^ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey skunked i saw on another h2b thread a picture you posted:

That was the QSD kit right?

And I had a quick question for anyone that wants to give me an answer..
Is it worth converting back to B-series drive train after the car has already been retrofitted with all the H-series parts?
If you think so, how would you got about getting the linkage to work again since the H-series it had to be cut bigger for the shifter to fit and uses cable instead?
(Weld on a piece of metal & cut the hole? I was thinkin about going to the junk yard & cutting that center console area out and weld it on,
but not sure how strong that would be, any ideas on that?)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes that's the ground clearance achieved with the QSD kit

I went from a full H series swap to a H2B and it was worth it to say the least. I had to trim my tranny mount for the HCP H22 mount kit therefore I had to weld it back for the B tranny to bolt up once again. We ended up welding the missing portion back on the mount (see below) however you can also buy a new mount from Honda for $40 and reweld it to the frame rail.

Finished product

For the shift linkage I didn't have to do much since the mounting points for the linkage was not cut from the floor for the H22 shifter box. Most Hybrids I have seen this is the case so you may want to look into that. As for sealing up the hole the best bet would be to cut the portion you need from a wrecked car and spot weld it along with some rubber sealant to seal it up properly.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itr_18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr_18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi,

we have problem with 2000 ITR + H22 motor + QMS H2B + B18C4 tranny.

There is no enough space for shafts bearing (dont know how to call it in english).
Axles - B-series.

Any ideas?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you mean QSD?

You need to shave the block so the CV housing and mid shaft clear the block.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (scuffywin)

Wow.

Page 6 of this thread.

This thread is here for a reason.... for anybody thinking about doing an H2B to read before making a question post.

No questions should be asked within any FAQ. Can we keep this thread clean or it will become 100+ pages long and nobody will read any of it.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2fastGSR)

S2 in a CRX, fit fine except for the obvious height issue which would require a good size spacer for the hood. Also the iat plug had to be modified due to clearance issues with the brake line on the MC, but I use a 1" MC and teg booster

Old 12-06-2007, 07:17 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (skunked)

are people just not reading the first page of this thread anymore? what the hell
Old 12-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2fastGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
are people just not reading the first page of this thread anymore? what the hell</TD></TR></TABLE>of course not everyone would rather have someone else think for them.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SIXTY)

Radiator Top Hose for dc2 h2b - From a 1988 Nissan Bluebird SR20DE

Hope this helps

Old 12-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (H.Veras)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H.Veras &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is the most you have heard an H22 puts down to the wheels with stock internals?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What does this have to do with the H2B FAQ? Go look through the all motor section and the prelude forum. This is an FAQ, It's not supposed to have old questions asked in it.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (H.Veras)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H.Veras &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know this is a FAQ forum, but it was just a simple question. By the way I did not ask you, so please next time do not answer questions that has nothing to do with you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then don't post a question that has nothing to do with the H2B FAQ. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (gibsanez)

questions should not even be asked here. PERIOD!! if you have a question please post them in the h2b discussion thread. thank you very much

Surge
Old 12-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iLuvMyJDMeg6)

Does everything understand what F-A-Q stands for and how it works?

Wiring is not H2B specific. Wiring a resistor box can easily be searched throughout H-T, as they are used in many different applications.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dr. *****)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr. ***** &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i asked this in the discussion thread and the only answer i got was im sure you could make anything work....

Does anyone know what kind of cai will fit these things? just a standard b series?

Also anyone know what kinda of radiator hose to use for an ek?</TD></TR></TABLE>

prob an itr cai... i got a part number from autozone, the hose worked like stock after a little of trimming from both ends. i'll look for it

edit: 887273 or m348

Modified by h2b_eg8 at 1:05 PM 12/17/2007

Modified by h2b_eg8 at 1:06 PM 12/17/2007
Old 03-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how many of you guys are running the H2B clutchmasters flywheel?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FLATBUSH PROJECTS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FLATBUSH PROJECTS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how many of you guys are running the H2B clutchmasters flywheel?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I only know of a couple that do.

I would just run a scattershield which is required of 11.49 ET's anyway.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Hatches.)

how much lower does an H2B sit than a B-series in an EK (ground clearance)
Old 03-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BIG T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BIG T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much lower does an H2B sit than a B-series in an EK (ground clearance)</TD></TR></TABLE>it will sit the as b series motor but the h/f motor are taller then b series.now i have question for the h2b guy's is anyone using a oem flywheel with qsd kit?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: H2B / F2B FAQ