Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid / Engine Swaps (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/)
-   -   H2B with Air Conditioning. YES IT CAN BE DONE (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/h2b-air-conditioning-yes-can-done-3042110/)

Libertariat 03-29-2012 07:13 PM

H2B with Air Conditioning. YES IT CAN BE DONE

6 Attachment(s)
You need an Innovative A/C Bracket (Part no. 50080) (Robear racing had the best pricing I found and had them in stock.) This only works for 6th gens!!

http://www.innovativemounts.com/v/vs...s/50080-2T.jpg

D-series A/C compressor

And you'll have to slightly modify one of the A/C lines.

Slim fan on the condenser is going to be a MUST. We actually put the fan underneath the radiator support.

I'll post more pics tomorrow:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...-41-41_140.jpg

Attachment 447353

Clearance underneath: (The A/C Compressor does hand sort of low, but I don't think it will be an issue. It's about in line with the oil pan.

Attachment 447354

Updated with more pictures, 4/1/2012

Attachment 447355

Attachment 447356

Attachment 447357

Attachment 447358

JayWest 03-29-2012 07:14 PM

Re: H2B with Air Conditioning. YES IT CAN BE DONE

so awesome man!

Libertariat 03-29-2012 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by JayWest (Post 47110155)
so awesome man!

So many people over the years told me it couldn't be done.

Of all the homework I've done on it, I can confidently say I'm the only one with hard proof that it exists and works in a 6th gen civic. I've caught wind of some people "saying" it could be done, but no pictures or detailed information.

C2K_TB_TEC 03-30-2012 03:34 AM

Thanks alot for posting this up! Whats the price on the bracket?

Does your AC lines run on the right hand side of your car? My car is a right hand drive (South Africa) and the lines run on the left, so clearance between the motor is very tight..

Libertariat 03-30-2012 03:37 AM

I would think the AC lines are the same on both cars. That's weird. Mine rune along the passenger's side.

The bracket is ~$130 shipped from Robear Racing. Great guys to deal with. I bet shipping is a bit more to Africa :scared:

djcam954 03-30-2012 10:16 AM

Great to know..i ordered my bracket already..should be doing almost the same exact setup as u in a few weeks..
2000 ek
H23a
4.7 type r lsd
Qsd h2b kit
Kaizen balance delete n tensioner conversion
Innovative mounts
etc..
Excites to see how yours comes out as well

Libertariat 03-30-2012 10:42 AM

Air blows ice cold! 43 degrees!!!

Picks coming on Saturday! Getting her tuned/dynoed. Exhaust is being done today.

djcam954 03-30-2012 05:44 PM

motivation homey..we got a event down here at moroso speedway may 6th so thats my goal date to be fully up and running

AyO Deebo 03-30-2012 10:44 PM

NICEEE

Libertariat 03-31-2012 08:03 PM

Updated with more pictures!!

willyboyK20 04-24-2012 05:41 PM

any further modding to the frame rail with the D-series condenser?

H2b-eghatch 04-24-2012 09:34 PM

was told that this can only be done in EK's?

turtleman321 04-24-2012 10:30 PM

lol it is an EK

goped/honda driver 10-06-2012 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by djcam954 (Post 47113149)
Great to know..i ordered my bracket already..should be doing almost the same exact setup as u in a few weeks..
2000 ek
H23a
4.7 type r lsd
Qsd h2b kit
Kaizen balance delete n tensioner conversion
Innovative mounts
etc..
Excites to see how yours comes out as well

almost bought this mans setup he sold the ac braket from underneath me! btw ill be the mofo trying it in a eg hahaaa

famous323 10-06-2012 10:33 PM

nice

THE GAME IS THICK 03-15-2014 05:36 PM

I hate to bring post back from the dead but since i am doing an h2b Swap i would like to know. Why will this bracket not work on an DC/DB Chassis?

unuselectus 06-24-2016 08:01 AM

In for updates. I'll ask just incase but I already know the answer...

Has anyone done this in an EF???

I'm just going to buy the kit and see what happens.

Bently_Coop 06-25-2016 07:40 AM

EF already has minimal space with the alternator, how would you fit the A/C compressor?

ESP.net 06-25-2016 06:29 PM

EF chassis will need a custom Alternator Kit to clear headlight housing. Whoever has H2B and doing this... send me the pieces that are mentioned AC and I will make an Alternator Kit to work. -John ESP

Email: ExplicitSpeedP@aol.com

unuselectus 06-28-2016 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bently_Coop (Post 50958958)
EF already has minimal space with the alternator, how would you fit the A/C compressor?

I know, but the Brough kit is relatively new and one of the main draw points is the fact that it give you a smidgen more space. I honestly haven't done any math or specs, but as long as my car has A/C originally, I know some of these Honda geniuses can figure it out. I don't want a 250 hp car. I want a functional wagon... with a little pep under the hood.

Ultimately, all I need is for something to power the compressor... There has to be a position where I can get this compressor mounted. I can get lines made anywhere. People can supercharge and turbo charge a d15, so I'm a believer in having my cabin temps be 72 degrees in traffic lol.

unuselectus 06-28-2016 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by ESP.net (Post 50959351)
EF chassis will need a custom Alternator Kit to clear headlight housing. Whoever has H2B and doing this... send me the pieces that are mentioned AC and I will make an Alternator Kit to work. -John ESP

Email: ExplicitSpeedP@aol.com

Sent you an email, sir. :-)

mansour 07-04-2016 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by unuselectus (Post 50961937)
Sent you an email, sir. :-)

were u able to get it done? i mean h2b swap with a/c in an Ef?
i'm in progress of h2b swap too in crx.. h23a / s80 / qsd kit / ktuned pro traction bar for more clearance / innovative alternator relocator / H2K intake mani adapter / prc manifold ...

few more parts left to source like h2b headers n oil pan, but i'm really curious if anyone was able to retain a/c in an Ef shell.

as for the Bough Performance guys, about 3-4 weeks i constantly spoke to them and tried to buy their kit before i took the QSD route, but Mr. Rice kept on delaying and finally decided to ignore me as f**k... he then even blocked me out of his Brough FB page.. very unprofessional n such an a**! proly he's got tones of customers and dont need any more.
Hope u had better luck with them.

unuselectus 07-13-2016 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by mansour (Post 50968478)
were u able to get it done? i mean h2b swap with a/c in an Ef?
i'm in progress of h2b swap too in crx.. h23a / s80 / qsd kit / ktuned pro traction bar for more clearance / innovative alternator relocator / H2K intake mani adapter / prc manifold ...

few more parts left to source like h2b headers n oil pan, but i'm really curious if anyone was able to retain a/c in an Ef shell.

as for the Bough Performance guys, about 3-4 weeks i constantly spoke to them and tried to buy their kit before i took the QSD route, but Mr. Rice kept on delaying and finally decided to ignore me as f**k... he then even blocked me out of his Brough FB page.. very unprofessional n such an a**! proly he's got tones of customers and dont need any more.
Hope u had better luck with them.

Damn man, i'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with Rice. He's been super helpful with me, and his kit honestly does offer a littl ebit more clearance for A/C components.

As for if I have completed mine yet, no. ESP basically said he would build one custom. If you are serious, hit me up and we can go in and maybe he will be a little more motivated to get this done. :-)

We have to send him the D series compressor and he will make a bracket basically. I need to get a traction bar, mounts, and the Hush performance kit for my hydro conversion.

civic-r11 07-20-2016 04:06 AM

which header are you guys using when doing the a/c? I was thinking of doing the a/c as well in a eg, but using a h series a/c and just bending the a/c line like the guy in the nc h2b guy did!

I don't see why you can't use the h series compressor in at least a eg because the lines all line up. Does anybody know of a shop that makes custom a/c lines?

Vtec55995 02-19-2019 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Libertariat (Post 47110233)
So many people over the years told me it couldn't be done.

Of all the homework I've done on it, I can confidently say I'm the only one with hard proof that it exists and works in a 6th gen civic. I've caught wind of some people "saying" it could be done, but no pictures or detailed information.

I see that you use all D series a/c on your H motor. I've been doing my homework on looking up for the H/B a/c bracket for the EM1. And cant find any. If you can please help me on this, much appreciate.