Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h2b in 5th gen lude?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h2b in 5th gen lude?

Hey everyone. I'm really tryin to get this project started. I was actually considering the K24 swap into my prelude (boat), but everyone i talk to tells me just to turbo the h22. Same thing everytime, "the body is too heavy for all motor app. Best way to go fast, just boost." Now i was trying to avoid going turbo but i guess thats not going to happen, but i started looking into H2B tranny setup. I heard about the Type r final drive, and of course the lsd. So what i really want to know is, well, is the setup worth it, because its pretty pricey. Has anyone tried this into a prelude? and what are some of the benefits of it, and wat would be the downsides to doin the swap. Just curious, but would the type r 5th help out wit fuel economy when cruising down the highway? I ask only because i wont always be at full throttle, so it would be nice if there was some sort of benefit to the change over. I was told the that the swap is basically for the first 3 gears, to help with exceleration, but with the weight of my car, is it really going to make that much of a difference. Thanx for your time, ill be lookin forward to hearing what people have to say. take care
PS if you have nothing nice to add, please dont waste your time. thanx

Modified by mvp97gsr at 12:15 PM 4/21/2008
Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h2b in 5th gen lude? (mvp97gsr)

Consider the fact that you will have to completely modify your exhaust tunnel, A. To allow passage of the linkages B. No one makes a mount kit for it.

IMO you would be wasting your time. Go with a larger FD 4.71 if iirc.

Not saying it couldn't be done, just think the time and money involved you could have a straight cut dog engagement m2b4 with your custom ratios...

Old 04-22-2008, 05:53 AM

i agree, h2b is a good setup boosted, and n/a but if your going to daily drive it then by no means this setup is not for you! just get ur tranny rebuilt with some better ratios and work on the motor you already got in it