Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22a swap in ek

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22a swap in ek

well frist off im new to this site and i think its great nice pics and info.

im doing a swap in a 96 civic im almost done the only thing i have left is the wiring i was told to use the stock harness of the civic which should be right cause i also bought the obd jumper. i labeled the whole harness before i took it off the dx motor now is it just plug and play or what ? i know i have to wire vtec but there seems like theres still something missing if some one could get back to me with some info.
Old 09-07-2003, 03:37 AM

Default Re: h22a swap in ek (98jdmdc2)

you have to extend some wires and ad vtec. i think most of the wires will reach where they need to go except for the alternator.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a DX, you'll need to add knock sensor (1 wire), vtec (two wires to the ECU, one to the thermostat housing), EGR and IAB. You'll ALSO need to do the IACV fix from the three wire IACV to the two wire IACV plug off the H22.

To make life easier and eliminate all the above, (with exception of IAB and EGR), I'd recommend getting an EX harness. The IACV is already the two wire plug, along with VTEC and Knock already on the harness.

You will, also need to extend wires (mainly alternator), and some other sensors depending on how you place the harness on the motor. But MAP, TPS and all of those will plug right up. It's just the fact of 'reaching' the sensor.

Old 09-10-2003, 06:02 AM

Default Re: h22a swap in ek (poison)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">With a DX, you'll need to add knock sensor (1 wire), vtec (two wires to the ECU, one to the thermostat housing), EGR and IAB. You'll ALSO need to do the IACV fix from the three wire IACV to the two wire IACV plug off the H22.

To make life easier and eliminate all the above, (with exception of IAB and EGR), I'd recommend getting an EX harness. The IACV is already the two wire plug, along with VTEC and Knock already on the harness.

You will, also need to extend wires (mainly alternator), and some other sensors depending on how you place the harness on the motor. But MAP, TPS and all of those will plug right up. It's just the fact of 'reaching' the sensor.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

right on the money...
Old 09-10-2003, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone know where to get info on a 96 dX swaping in a b16b anD ECU PINOUTS