Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22a swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22a swap

im new to the boards and i have been reading around a little bit. i know some of these questions might have gotten answered so if they have just point me in the right direction. im thinkin of getting a 93 or so hatch and swappin in a h22 does any one have any experience with http://www.jspecautosports.com there price on a complete engine swap seams to be fairly good compared to a few other places i have seen. would it be better if i got the type s or is the regular h22 good to go with for now cause in the future i plan to throw a turbo on it. in the kit that they specify would there be any thing else that i would need i think that its all there correct me if im wrong. thanks for the help
Old 05-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Shooting Star

Default Re: h22a swap (kjf45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kjf45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im new to the boards and i have been reading around a little bit. i know some of these questions might have gotten answered so if they have just point me in the right direction. im thinkin of getting a 93 or so hatch and swappin in a h22 does any one have any experience with http://www.jspecautosports.com there price on a complete engine swap seams to be fairly good compared to a few other places i have seen. would it be better if i got the type s or is the regular h22 good to go with for now cause in the future i plan to throw a turbo on it. in the kit that they specify would there be any thing else that i would need i think that its all there correct me if im wrong. thanks for the help</TD></TR></TABLE>
I know that hmotorsonline.com is a good place. If you plan on going with a turbo you might want to just stick around and try to find a usdm h22...10:1 compression, the jdm is 10.6:1 and the type s is 11:1
Old 05-23-2006, 08:11 PM

Default Re: h22a swap (vtecspeed1320)

JDM H22, portflow headwork, aftermarket cam shafts, Portflow valve springs and retainers, stock block, LSD tranny, basic bolt-ons... N/A Power all day with cash to spare
Old 05-24-2006, 04:01 AM

Default Re: h22a swap (thahuhstunna)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thahuhstunna &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">JDM H22, portflow headwork, aftermarket cam shafts, Portflow valve springs and retainers, stock block, LSD tranny, basic bolt-ons... N/A Power all day with cash to spare</TD></TR></TABLE>
IF I WENT N/A WHAT KIND OF POWER AM I LOOKING AT AND HAS ANY ONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE COMPANY I HAVE NAMED ABOVE OR HERD OF ANYTHING ABOUT THEM
Old 05-24-2006, 04:15 AM

my set-up is some what similar to that i listed above and i'm consistently in the mid 12's
Old 05-24-2006, 05:47 AM

alright thanks for all the help now if i went n/a and the mods that you listed above would i be able to get more power out of the motor without and f/i or is that about it. would some type of tuned engine management help to get more power.
sorry for all the questions im just tryin to get all my info together
Old 05-24-2006, 04:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kjf45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright thanks for all the help now if i went n/a and the mods that you listed above would i be able to get more power out of the motor without and f/i or is that about it. would some type of tuned engine management help to get more power.
sorry for all the questions im just tryin to get all my info together</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^well with proper tuning, the sky's the limit, although you need to make sure you have either access to a dyno, or have the cash to pay the hourly rate, because tuning is essential to maximizing your results, and yews an EMS unit will allow the tuner greater freedom regarding your vehicle and will maximize the efficiency of your motor... read up a little more before you decide to go this route, you should really be concentrating on at least getting your swap done first, unless you have the money for the build now...
Old 05-24-2006, 06:58 PM

yea im just tryin to decide on which way to go n/a or f/i. im going to keep reading up and get the engine in there first then decide but thanks for all your help
Old 05-24-2006, 08:07 PM

good luck, pm me when you get started if you need any help, i'll give it a shot, glad to hear you've decided on the H