Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22a Powered EG HB PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22a Powered EG HB PROBLEMS

I'm rocking a jdm h22a bubbleback.
However I am having a problem here. My motor use to redline @ 8.5 and VTEC would kick in @ 5.5 rpm.
Just about 2 weeks ago I was driving on a lonely strip by my job. And I was flooring it hard. My VTEC started to bogg in and out and suddenly it just went out and did not engage anymore! WTF??
And all of a sudden my VTEC does not engage anymore. Literally it does not engage what so ever. The motor runs perfectly fine but the VTEC is non existant plus my redline lowered to 7rpm!!!
Picture a LS SWAP with a redline @ 7! I have no clue what's going on. I run my motor real hard. The head is built with a Skunk2 Stage II Package so I drive it real hard.
I was told to check my VTE solenoid and or VTEC wiring. To see if it shorted out.
MY motor runs perfect like a wannabe LS swap except VTEC will not kick in at all and I'm asking for your expertise and help...please assist me in what to look for and or replace to get my baby running for those domestics quick!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:50 PM

Default Re: H22a Powered EG HB PROBLEMS (Us vs. Them)

Things that i have already done.
I have plenty of oil.
I tested a chipped p72 from my friend. VTEC still didn't engage.
I reset my p28 via 7.5 fuse in fuse box. VTEC still didn't work.
And as I type in my garage I am looking at my All-motor Bubble with the VTEC solenoid being celaned out...so please direct me with your expertise on what needs to be done my friends...
Old 07-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22a Powered EG HB PROBLEMS (Us vs. Them)

what year is that car? I dont know if you already did this or not, but I think only the 92 hatches were wired for vtec, maybe just cx's I don't remember.... You might have to run a hardwire from your vtec solenoid to your ecu...

edit, nevermind, seen that this car used to run fine with vtec.... don't know what to tell you...
Old 07-21-2008, 03:34 PM

Default Re: H22a Powered EG HB PROBLEMS (HogHead)

damn!