Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22a/Civic...last minute questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default h22a/Civic...last minute questions.

for my EG.'92 CX. what i'm buying soon:

-92-96 H22a w/LSD (these are the easiest year engines to swap, yes?)
-HCP mount kit
-Del Slow DOHC vtec radiator
-new clutch, flywheel, water pump, timing belt, thermostat, and oil pump.

1. now. what do i do about the fuel PUMP? will a new stock civic one flow enough, or what's the deal?

2. What's the deal with the axles? I can't seem to get a concrete answer. i've been told HCP makes custom axles designed for their mounts. is this true? and if so, how much do they run? i think someone on HT has these.

3. It has also been rumored that HASport makes a plug and play harness for this swap. is this true? I don't see anything on their website about it, but i've seen it talked about it. If this isn't the case, where's the best wiring info for the swap? only one i've seen is the HASport site's one..but it says nothing about how to wire up the resistor box for the injectors. how is that done?
-Do i use the 'Lude ECU, or am I supposed to get a chipped P28?

4. anything i should look out for? I'm going to try to do this in my driveway with my friends..never done a swap before, but i've done everything BUT a swap..lol. got any tips, tricks, no-no's?

5. has anyone hooked the a/c back up? i will do it...just wonderin if anybody's accomplished it as of yet?

6. Thanks for your time. Don't beat me up for posting another h22 thread
Old 05-17-2002, 01:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22a/Civic...last minute questions. (hot_EF)

ttt
Old 05-17-2002, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the passanger side axle from my swap that i dont need because my motor blew and i am not going to driving for a while so i am going to save up for race axles. so i can sell it to you if you are intressed. just im me
Old 05-17-2002, 05:34 AM

1. Stock fuel pump will have no problems with flowing, but if you wanted to you could upgrade to a walbro intake fuel pump.

2. Either way you will have to get them from HCP, Raxxles.com, or Driveshaft.com, unless you know how to make them yourself.. But I wouldnt even bother.

3. Use the lude Ecu.

4. I would also suggest that if you have never done a swap before to take it to a professional.. This is no minor swap and it takes a lot of time, knowledge and patience to get it done. The wiring itself is probably going to be your hardest burden.. Things to look out for though are fuel, brake, and AC hardlines that may be in the way once you are trying to get the engine in.. Also remove the TPS sensor if you could before hand. Just makes it easier to replace if it should happen to break.

5. No AC, and dont plan on having one.

6. I will get pictures this weekend of the setup so far so you can see what I am working with.
Old 05-17-2002, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22a/Civic...last minute questions. (Jason kiDD)

4. I would also suggest that if you have never done a swap before to take it to a professional.. This is no minor swap and it takes a lot of time, knowledge and patience to get it done.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22a/Civic...last minute questions. (Jason kiDD)

1. Stock fuel pump will have no problems with flowing, but if you wanted to you could upgrade to a walbro intake fuel pump.

2. Either way you will have to get them from HCP, Raxxles.com, or Driveshaft.com, unless you know how to make them yourself.. But I wouldnt even bother.

3. Use the lude Ecu.

4. I would also suggest that if you have never done a swap before to take it to a professional.. This is no minor swap and it takes a lot of time, knowledge and patience to get it done. The wiring itself is probably going to be your hardest burden.. Things to look out for though are fuel, brake, and AC hardlines that may be in the way once you are trying to get the engine in.. Also remove the TPS sensor if you could before hand. Just makes it easier to replace if it should happen to break.

5. No AC, and dont plan on having one.

6. I will get pictures this weekend of the setup so far so you can see what I am working with.
i can get the axles made very cheap at wholesale prices....i just need to know the recipe.

Use the Lude ECU...cool. will the Lude ECU plug in, and then the wiring needs to be run from there? like a Bseries swap, but with more wiring, or will the Lude ECU not even hook up without major reworking?

by looking at your engine so far, does it seem that one could feesibly mount the a/c compressor onto the block with a custom bracket? I've seen a power steering pump hooked up, so i figure i could mount it there and have the room for it if i get a bracket made.

I might take it to a shop, but i was quoted about a month ago anywhere between 1800-2200 JUST for the labor. it doesn't seem like it's worth that much to run those wires!? if i can't get the labor cost down lower than that, i'll have to do it myself whether i like it or not. i'll call around.

I'd LOVE to see your pics so far. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:21 PM
sgT
Honda-Tech Member

The h22a harness should plug right into the civic chassis harness.
With most mount kits you have to remove the trans mount on the frame.
I have never seen an h22a swap with AC retained.
Old 05-17-2002, 09:53 PM

Default Re: h22a/Civic...last minute questions. (sgT)

on the HCP website i think they have a picture of a civic with an h22 swap and a/c and p/s
Old 05-17-2002, 10:40 PM
Night_Minx

Default Re: h22a/Civic...last minute questions. (SilverCivic2k)

how the hell do you do the shift linkage? you go from rods to cables?
Old 05-19-2002, 09:41 AM
New User

Default Re: h22a/Civic...last minute questions. (Night_Minx)

this swap is really not to much harder then the bseries swaps. I did my h22 as my first swap you need to take a little time to do everytingn. Take however long you want to get it done in and multiply it by 3. Since then i have done done a few more bseries swaps and there cake work. but anyways good luck wiht the project you will have fun with it. if you have any questions email me at m1sledyouth@hotmail.com and i will answer them
later jesse
Old 05-19-2002, 02:00 PM

Default Re: h22a/Civic...last minute questions. (misledyouth)

this swap is really not to much harder then the bseries swaps. I did my h22 as my first swap you need to take a little time to do everytingn. Take however long you want to get it done in and multiply it by 3. Since then i have done done a few more bseries swaps and there cake work. but anyways good luck wiht the project you will have fun with it. if you have any questions email me at m1sledyouth@hotmail.com and i will answer them
later jesse
hey, i want to put a h22a in my '97 civic and i just had a couple of questions. everyone says that you can't keep a/c and you can't keep p/s and the handling is horrible. since you have done the swap, could you help me out with this?