Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22A - 6th Gen Accord swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22A - 6th Gen Accord swap

Before I hear it.. Yes I have been pouring through tons of forums and searches, but I have yet to find answers to a couple of specific questions. By all means, if there is a direct answer, I am able to admit I missed it... I have seen a lot of posts where people from 10+ years ago are putting 5th gen accord swaps, but I am having trouble finding 6th gen Accords with this swap these days....

I have purchased a H22A Euro-R engine and trans with an OBD2 JDM ECU. I am putting it in a 2000 Honda Accord EX (OBD2). I am having trouble finding consistent results for the H22A Euro-R motor into a 6th gen Accord chassis (either not common years ago, or a lot just don't do it?) I have an approach to most of the conflicts with this swap except for the exhaust and ECU.

I realize the exhaust manifold will have to be the H22A manifold because ports don't match for the F23, but I have seen that people are having to mod the Accord exhaust to fit.. but is anyone finding a pre-built configuration that works?? I know that by spec - the prelude is 10" shorter than the Accord so I would image that buying an all Prelude exhaust system is a no go (or is it??). I am planning to do basic bolt on mods to the motor (intake/headers/exhaust) but I am HOPING that I can find things that bolt directly in without heavy modification (If I HAVE to get custom parts then so be it but just curious if anyones found a combination that works). I have seen people post about using Mugen systems, or APEXi systems, etc... but I have yet to find a specification on whether or not those was a Prelude exhaust used in an accord body, or vice versa...

As far as the ECU... I have seen that the JDM ECU (OBD2) will work with the motor that I am receiving with minor modifications, but I have seen conflicting information about people receiving OBD1 versions or wanting to convert to OBD1 versions... I have also seen about people using a chipped P28 with H22A4 sensors/devices in the JDM versions... direction on this electronics portion in my particular swap would be helpful for foresight into the swap!!!

I admit I'm not perfect... ive been searching for a long time and perhaps i've just missed the "magic word"...