Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 Swap questions....did search

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 Swap questions....did search

I have some questions regarding an H22 swap into a 93 cx. I have searched and done tons of research online already. I just want to clairify some things. I understand that I am going to need bigger brakes and a better suspension. But I want to get the engine in and running before I start to think about that. Here is my list of things to get, anything that you think I need more or should get would help alot.

helms maunal
H22A JDM Engine from hmotorsonline.com
new lightweight flywheel from ebay
new preformance clutch from ebay
Prelude shiftlinkage from junkyard or ebay
wiring harness from hasport.com
custom axels from driveshaftshop.com
custom exhaust
engine mounts from hasport.com
new timing belt from honda
new water pump from honda
new oil pump belt from honda
new belt tensoners from honda
new spark plugs from honda

My friend and I are going to be installing it ourselfes. I wanted to know how hard is it to do the custom modifactions for the shifter and transmission. My total cost is an est. $4500. for everything listed above. Another thing for the wiring. If I get the Hasport harness that is just plug and play? or do I still have to modify it? I was looking for suggestions as to if i need a aftermarket clutch or is that not needed. I hope to in the future upgrade the engine with built internals and in the far future a tubro. I hopeing to have this up and running by the end of the summer. Money willing.

thanks
Mark
Old 04-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: H22 Swap questions....did search (KingBee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KingBee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Prelude shiftlinkage from junkyard or ebay</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you order the complete change over from hmotors
it will come with the shiftlinkage and shifter

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KingBee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wiring harness from hasport.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can do the do the wiring yourself
it is not that hard
I dunno if hasports harness is totallly plug and play because i do the wiring convert myself but the worst case is that you maybe have to run a few wires from the engine harness (shock tower connectors) to the ecu
Old 04-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Trial User

Default Re: H22 Swap questions....did search (turbogixxer)

Thanks I didnt know if the hasport.com kit came with all the linkage or not. I have heard from many people that the wiring is not hard. but i am not sure, that i want to do it. what would i need to wire? i know i have to wire the vtec and EGR and change the O2 sensor to four wire but besides that is there alot of other wiring stuff? I might just give it a try and if i dont like what i am doing or seeing ill just get the harness

thanks for the info
Old 04-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=650329

read it all and you will become a new man
Old 04-26-2004, 07:03 AM

Default Re: H22 Swap questions....did search (turbogixxer)

Yes, read the post that is stickied about h22 into civic's. It's very detailed and you should be able to make your own wiring harness from the instructions there very easily. if you still have questions after reading that feel free to msg me and i'll help you out.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:53 PM

dont go with hasports for your wiring. They charge too much. HCP will do it for 150 dollars I believe. Or better yet do it yourself. If u get a 92-96 H22A u will also need the firewall mounted map sensor, and if u are using the P13 ECU (stock H22 one) and dont want those pesky EGR check engine lights then u will need the EGR lift solenoid (also found in the Prelude). U will also need an injector resistor box if u get a 92-96 H22. Ohh yeah, oil pump belt???? Dont u mean balancer belt?? Also dont get spark plugs from honda. They are way too spendy. I reccomend Champion coppers. They are like 99 cents a piece (compared to 15 dollars a piece for the NGK platinums that they sell). U will also need a slim fan. I reccomend summit racings slim FAL fans (2 5/8 deep). People say that u can get the stock one in their with trimming. There is no way! The fan motor hits the starter, and wont allow u to mount it. Also I would reccomend to get the"pusher" style fan and mount it on the front of the radiator. U will need a fuel line that reaches the fuel rail. The Civic one will not reach. I had a custom one built with a 90 degree banjo, and a 45 degree banjo. The banjo size is 12MM if u are interested.
Good luck!
Old 05-02-2004, 05:56 PM
AEI

you dont need brakes, but just get adjustable front suspension, the new motor will sit the front about 1.5 inches lower than stock, so i got sleeves for the front springs.
as for brakes, i just removed the rears because drums are worthless, and i left the fronts alone with cheap pads. hose-clamped the rear wheel cylinders to keep them happy.
you will also need the following
intake system (stock wont fit from either car)
make sure to do the injector resistors
do the wiring yourself.
radiator hoses
radiator (civic one is too small)
plugs, oil, fluids really add up.
i did the swap, my car cost 1800, and i just hit 7000 with the radiator.
good luck

Modified by AEI at 3:29 AM 5/3/2004