Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 swap:people who have done it...LOOK please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 swap:people who have done it...LOOK please!

i'm in the process of saving up enough cash to complete a JDM 92-95 H22 swap in my 00' integra LS..i'll be selling my LS swap to order the h22 swap and then i gotta get axles,intermediate,linkage,and mounts...also an OBD2-1 jumper harness..and i already have a P72 ecu from 94 Gsr. so...here are my questions...Newmann,H22EK,hondazvic,poison...have a ball!

-i'm gonna be going obd1 on this swap...since poison said it would be soo much easier. so i'll be using a 94-95 B series engine harness...and the 94-95 gsr(p72)ecu with jumper harness...i don't want to be without a car for weeks...i've done a few swaps in the past..such as EG/ITR,GSR,LS...and EK/SI...so i know what i'm doing when it comes to that ****. so...

i want to know what all i have to wire to make this swap start as soon as it goes in...and run perfect. poison said i would only have to wire the knock sensor and the 2 Vtec sensors...also extend alternator cables...if using 94-95 bseries harness...he said i would have to extend IACV wires and thats it...any other info i would need to know...any other sensors i would need to wire...he said O2 is not needed to rewire because integra harness is already 4 wire O2...let me know what you guys think.

also...what mount kit would you guys recommend...HCP is what i usually go with...its the same as EG/H22 swap right? also..when using HCP mounts....what do i need to do to the passanger side tranny mounts to clear the H22 shift arms?

thanks guys!
Old 11-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: H22 swap:people who have done it...LOOK please! (inJDMtegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inJDMtegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
also...what mount kit would you guys recommend...HCP is what i usually go with...its the same as EG/H22 swap right? also..when using HCP mounts....what do i need to do to the passanger side tranny mounts to clear the H22 shift arms?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Easy, take a sawall (if you do not have one get one, I love that tool now.) and line it up with the BACK of the stock Trans mount hole and cut all the way down. You will have no problems shifting into 5th or reverse.

As for wiring, It is pretty easy for you cause you already have: IABs (to the shock tower), 02, vtec (to the shock tower) wired up. You will have to change the injector clips. Remember, write on them what cyl. they are. If you do not, you may have a problem cause they will be longer (maybe) than the stock one. Wiring is easy when you make the connector when they come off.

If you have any question. post them up or PM me.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 swap:people who have done it...LOOK please! (turbogixxer)

IABs? i shouldn't have Vtec and O2 at the shock towers...its an LS..right?

how do i wire up resistor box? and what car can i get one from out of a junk yard?
Old 11-06-2003, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Easy, take a sawall (if you do not have one get one, I love that tool now.) and line it up with the BACK of the stock Trans mount hole and cut all the way down. You will have no problems shifting into 5th or reverse.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

sawzawl? are u sure? its a 2000 integra rite? what are u talking about cutting the frame rail? tranny mount? or what?

i thought the 2000 integra chassis is very similar if not almost identical to the EK chassis. i've heard nothing about having to cut anywhere in the engine bay, just cutting for the tranny cables in the interior under the dash.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 swap:people who have done it...LOOK please! (inJDMtegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inJDMtegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
how do i wire up resistor box? and what car can i get one from out of a junk yard?</TD></TR></TABLE>
poison nailed this one here.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=650329
in fact, i think poison nailed MOST, not all, of ur questions here.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 swap:people who have done it...LOOK please! (hondaZvic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sawzawl? are u sure? its a 2000 integra rite? what are u talking about cutting the frame rail? tranny mount? or what?

i thought the 2000 integra chassis is very similar if not almost identical to the EK chassis. i've heard nothing about having to cut anywhere in the engine bay, just cutting for the tranny cables in the interior under the dash.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, EG/DC (integra) share a common chassis.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh ic...
well poison, did u cut or dent ur frame rail too? i thought h22's are still complete bolt in to eg's also.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 swap:people who have done it...LOOK please! (hondaZvic)

it matters the mount kit. HCP, you keep the trans mount and just trim it some. HASport, you take the trans mount off completely and use the lower trans mount.

I hope that cleared things up.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok. ya it does. brandon got the hasport, thats why he hasnt talked about trimming. i got it now. thanks.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it matters the mount kit. HCP, you keep the trans mount and just trim it some. HASport, you take the trans mount off completely and use the lower trans mount.

I hope that cleared things up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, just remove the spot welds and take the bastard off.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:37 PM

Default Re: H22 swap:people who have done it...LOOK please! (poison)

This is all you have to trim then drill out pilot hole (that is already there) to 9/16" for the HCP kit. You actually don't have to cut the front ear off too but i did it anyway. If you need pics of the front view and stuff I have those too. As far as your wiring goes the others seem to have got it wrapped up for you if not let me know. Also you can get your resistor box ut of a CRX, if you need one let me know I have a bunch laying around.
Old 11-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 swap:people who have done it...LOOK please! (H22EK)

cool...thanks alot man...can i use my integra power steering line?
Old 11-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes you do need to cut the engine mount to make room for the shifter cable with some mounts kits(HASPORT). Are you sure you can use a 94-95 integra harness. I would use the factory harness without the vtec wires and wire in the vtec wires its easy! Dont forget you need a injector resistor box since the H22 injectors are peak and hold injectors and the 2000 integra is not. I have one if you want to buy the injector resistor box for $25. I would say if you have done swaps before 2 days to do the swap including wiring and another day to finish up minor stuff and cut the hole in the floor for the shifter cables.