Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 swap, mount not lining up! Plz help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H22 swap, mount not lining up! Plz help!

K so I'm bolting up my h22 into my integra finally and took forever but i got the rear mount lined up with the bracket and bolted that sucker in, then I got the driver side mount lined up and bolted in, but the passenger side tranny mount/bracket doesn't even come close to lining up, this picture hopefully will help, but the rear or the bracket is hitting the frame so it can't go up any farther and I already got the other 2 mounts bolted in so the mount can go any closer to the pilot holes which i need to redrill. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Shooting Star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year integra those mounts look awefully high in the air.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

EDIT: that passenger side tranny mount is much different than my teg.....

Was it an auto before?

Modified by skunked at 11:27 AM 3/19/2006
Old 03-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Shooting Star

but doesnt it look like the trans is going to hit his frame or whatever?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecspeed1320)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecspeed1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but doesnt it look like the trans is going to hit his frame or whatever?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hard to tell from the pic.......
Old 03-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (skunked)

what kind of mounts are those?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Shooting Star

Thats another question as well. Look how close the mount is to the shifting assembly. My hcp's arent that close at all and those look like an hcp type setup.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats an automatic bracket. u'll need to remove the bracket from the frame rail and weld in a 5speed one. The auto bracket angles upward becuase the auto trans is bigger. the 5speed bracket is flat.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:59 AM

your bracket is broken in the back by the way.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MrMike)

Wow, thanks for all the replys, I shoulda explained myself better. Yeah They're HCP mounts, and yeah the car was an automatic, I'm changing it to 5 spd. So you say I need a 5 spd bracket? Where would I get one? How much? And how hard would it be to weld it on? Thanks for all the help!
Old 03-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JasonST)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JasonST &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, thanks for all the replys, I shoulda explained myself better. Yeah They're HCP mounts, and yeah the car was an automatic, I'm changing it to 5 spd. So you say I need a 5 spd bracket? Where would I get one? How much? And how hard would it be to weld it on? Thanks for all the help!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here is a picture of my bracket being fixed when I went back to the B series tranny. Notice how the mount doesn't angle up like yours?

Old 03-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Shooting Star

I thought it was looking like it was angled upwards. You will have to cut out your automatic mount then you will have to reweld a new manual trans motor mount in the same place. And its a wise decision to take the whole motor out!!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, I've been a little over 3 months on this swap now, mainly cause i'm the only one working on it, and only have 1 day a week i can work on it, and now I gotta take the motor back out again. Ok, so where do I buy a 5 spd bracket from? Honda dealership? Thanks for any help!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Shooting Star

junk yard.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JasonST &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man, I've been a little over 3 months on this swap now, mainly cause i'm the only one working on it, and only have 1 day a week i can work on it, and now I gotta take the motor back out again. Ok, so where do I buy a 5 spd bracket from? Honda dealership? Thanks for any help!</TD></TR></TABLE>
That blows, there are setbacks u can count on, but major ones like this suck, Keep up the work, you wont regret it.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SohcPower)

u'd have to get the bracket from the dealer. Theres no way you will beable to remove it from another car without damaging it. U need to drill out the spot welds and pry it off with a pry bar and knock it a lot with a hammer. Last time i got one of them from the acura dealer they where about $40 but i have whole sale price. When u remove the old one remember to grind it down smooth with a grinder and remove all the paint aswell so u get stronger welds and then paint it with a red spray paint to match your car.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here is a picture of my bracket being fixed when I went back to the B series tranny. Notice how the mount doesn't angle up like yours?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think his bracket has an erection..

There is a special tool for removing spot welds.. might be worth looking into that before running to the dealer for a new one.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2point2)

Hmm. I'm thinking I might just do some custom bracket. My dad's pretty good with that and he said he could probly make a custom bracket off the original one to come down and bolt to the mount. We're just looking for something easier than welding on another one cause thad tke forever and money for a new bracket.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:12 AM
Shooting Star

I didnt know it was that hard...
to get a mount off of the body of a car. Id say go to a junkyard grab a bad *** sawzaw cut the frame of the car off that has the mount...take it home and then take your time getting it off.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JasonST &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmm. I'm thinking I might just do some custom bracket. My dad's pretty good with that and he said he could probly make a custom bracket off the original one to come down and bolt to the mount. We're just looking for something easier than welding on another one cause thad tke forever and money for a new bracket.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hear what your saying bud.. but you will never do a cleaner job than just going out and buying the oem one, and that's coming from a guy who's made custom mounts..

taking a cordless drill and a couple batteries (or a chordless sawsall!) to the bone yard would be the cheaper way of doing it. Once you get it home all you have to do is pop off the tranny and you have all the room you need to weld in a used oem one on. You would probably benifit from the experience in the long run and it will be done right.

Here's a quick step by step (of what i'd do)

-DRILL out braket from a used teg at the pick and pull
-Take off tranny
-GRIND off useless auto bracket (dont drill it out - leave some metal there)
-put tranny back on with two bolts (now you have a reference for the braket)
-tack weld new manual braket on (mig is fine)
-take off tranny again
-weld braket (mig if fine)
-put back together
-drink beer

Old 03-20-2006, 09:06 AM

Default Re: (QuangAlang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QuangAlang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your bracket is broken in the back by the way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, and the retarded comment of the year award goes too.......................
Old 03-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Shooting Star

Default Re: (AudioFuct)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioFuct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol, and the retarded comment of the year award goes too....................... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I noticed that too, but I was hoping he was joking.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ahhg, hmm, part of me wants to do the work and put on a manual bracket, but there's not many junkyards around here, in northwest washington. And I already got 2 bolts mounted, maybe I could just cut off the extensions on the bracket and just weld pieces that extend straight instead of upwards, and I'm kinda low on money right now. Hmm, anymore suggestions, still unsure of what I want to do, my dad who's helping me really doesn't wanna take out the engine again, took us a day to line up the other mounts in the first place. Thanks for all your help though guys. Anymore suggestions would be great.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JasonST &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ahhg, hmm, part of me wants to do the work and put on a manual bracket, but there's not many junkyards around here, in northwest washington. And I already got 2 bolts mounted, maybe I could just cut off the extensions on the bracket and just weld pieces that extend straight instead of upwards, and I'm kinda low on money right now. Hmm, anymore suggestions, still unsure of what I want to do, my dad who's helping me really doesn't wanna take out the engine again, took us a day to line up the other mounts in the first place. Thanks for all your help though guys. Anymore suggestions would be great.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would pull the motor and pull the old mount. Then get a mount from the dealer, shipped to your home and weld it in place. You don't want to go cheap on that mount, it's one of three mounts holding your motor in place

If your Dad is a decent fab guy I'm sure he could make a new mount similar to the hasport chassis mount but it will take some time to line up and weld in place.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MrMike)

That's just what I was explaining 2 my wife

Quick Reply: H22 swap, mount not lining up! Plz help!