Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22 swap just finish !

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 swap just finish !

I've gotten my motor from HMO 4 days ago , I dont know if its JDM or what but all it say is "H22A" on the block. But anyways, motoris clean as hell . Wish i know how to post pic up to let ay guy see.
Change timing belt , clutch, and all the wiring. Drop that baby in that same night too. Didn't fire it up till yesterday and it started up as soon as fuel gets through the injectors, it purrs like a kitty..
Then i went for a spin, tell you what , it pulls hard as **** ! I drove it all day long and for some reason the CEL never lit. I have heard peoples CEL goes on due to EGR. mines not hooked up. oh well !
Just wanna say this swap is well worth it , THanks to Brandon(poison) and all the guys here on H-T
The only thing bad thing is that my car VIBRATE like a ***** !
Old 03-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: h22 swap just finish ! (CvexH22)

what mount kit did you use?

If it just says h22a..it's a JDM motor.

Congrats
Old 03-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats! Good to see another H22 swap done successfully. But which axles and mounts are you using. Could be the reason for the vibration.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:35 AM

Default Re: h22 swap just finish ! (JDMH22HATCH)

I like to know the rest of your set up also, congrats on a completed swap, mine is soon to follow.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:18 AM

Default Re: h22 swap just finish ! (junglerunna02)

Hasport mount, stock header, Apex-WS catback, hot air intake, 91 accord mid-shaft,93 teg outer axles, stock spring/kyb shocks, no binding problem unless i turn hard like 60mph . but it vibrates alot when i accelarate hard ,maybe its due to fact that the axle angles back away from the engine. i dont know if the HCP mount does this to the axle but mine looks scary as hell. And during start up my dash vibrate like my car is about to fall apart.

BTW, i didnt wire up my IAB, does that affect my performance, my 3rd gear lag a bit.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that sucks about the vibrations...i should be getting my h22a soon too!!
what engine harness did you use?
Old 03-28-2003, 05:56 AM

My friend has hasport mounts for his b16a crx and they were really stiff when brand new and vibrated like hell. Maybe the h22a mounts are like this too. They took a month or so to break in, but now the vibrations are gone.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:24 AM

Default Re: h22 swap just finish ! (yaya)

i use my old SOHC EX harness, everything plugs right in to place, except that u have to extend some wire(alternator, starter),i just chopped them off on the lude harness and connect to my EX , and add a wire for the knock sensor.
Old 03-28-2003, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job man! I'm picking my h22 up on Sunday! Can't wait!! What year car is it in?
Old 03-28-2003, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

goodness...

Poison used the hasport setup, and I don't think he had any vibrations. Not that bad anyway
Old 03-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hasport mount, stock header, Apex-WS catback, hot air intake, 91 accord mid-shaft,93 teg outer axles, stock spring/kyb shocks, no binding problem unless i turn hard like 60mph . but it vibrates alot when i accelarate hard ,maybe its due to fact that the axle angles back away from the engine. i dont know if the HCP mount does this to the axle but mine looks scary as hell. And during start up my dash vibrate like my car is about to fall apart.

BTW, i didnt wire up my IAB, does that affect my performance, my 3rd gear lag a bit.

Can you tell what side the vibration is coming from? you might need to change your axle to a shoter teg axle. I also dont have the IAB's hookup and it runs fine, actually I hooked them 2 days ago but my *** dyno was telling my car FELT slower so I just unhooked yesturday. I noticed a tad bit less torque under 4k rpms but oh well.
Old 03-28-2003, 04:17 PM

w00t! glad to see everything went well man!! I'm glad we have another h22er on here!

for the vibrations, if you have mounted it properly and everything, that shouldn't be causing the problems at all...

The axle set up you are using may be the cause of it, because I don't have any vibration problems at all. I'm using DSS Stage 1 axles with the prelude intermediate shaft.

Sorry for the vibration issues

I would suggest getting a set of DSS and sticking with the lude shaft since this is the only combo that I know of w/o any vibration problems at all.

As for the IAB's, those are a pain in the *** to figure out. I just put a vacuum line from the IAB valve to the side nipple on the intake manifold. This makes it close at idle and slight throttle, but under partial throttle and WOT, they fully open.

You can test it by hooking it up with the engine on and revving the motor slowly, and fast to see how it works. I have found this the best to work so far under 1/4 times and feel of torque. It's better than having 'em not hooked up at all, having just a little bit more torque and still same top end.

Hope you get that vibration issue fixed man. Let any of us know if you have more issues.

good luck!
Old 03-29-2003, 07:59 AM

Default Re: h22 swap just finish ! (poison)

h22a is jap spec has no egr and if ur running a p13 thats also jap spec ull have no lights. might want to plug in a p72 or p28 to make sure ur check engine light is working, belive me it can happen.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:56 AM
Do not purchase anything from me. -HT Staff

I got wiring instructions off poison.. the wierd thing was that some of the stuff that was type was slightly different with the diagram he gaved me... anyways i tried to fire up the car and no fuel went thru dunno y.. maybe we hooked up wires wrong... but while trying to fire it up.. we noticed smoke near the ecu and found out that one of the wires just melted.. guessing it was suppose to be ground but on the text part of the instructions it said tap into yellow/blk wire.. well i dunno i hope it didnt **** anything else up... waiting for new p13 ecu to come in and gonna try to fire it up again.

PS: Dont get me wrong poison, The information helped alot. THANKS AGAIN HOPE TO BE RUNNING AT CMI APRIL 5-6!!!
Old 03-29-2003, 02:27 PM

Default Re: h22 swap just finish !

h22a is jap spec has no egr and if ur running a p13 thats also jap spec ull have no lights. might want to plug in a p72 or p28 to make sure ur check engine light is working, belive me it can happen.
not true. some jdm p13's don't throw the code 12 egr when it's not hooked up. some throw it in a certain amount of seconds, and mine throws the EGR code when I'm going up a hill of any kind. I have a jdm p13 with spoon chip and still throw the EGR code.

I got wiring instructions off poison.. the wierd thing was that some of the stuff that was type was slightly different with the diagram he gaved me... anyways i tried to fire up the car and no fuel went thru dunno y.. maybe we hooked up wires wrong... but while trying to fire it up.. we noticed smoke near the ecu and found out that one of the wires just melted.. guessing it was suppose to be ground but on the text part of the instructions it said tap into yellow/blk wire.. well i dunno i hope it didnt **** anything else up... waiting for new p13 ecu to come in and gonna try to fire it up again.

PS: Dont get me wrong poison, The information helped alot. THANKS AGAIN HOPE TO BE RUNNING AT CMI APRIL 5-6!!!
Yel/Black wire is a power wire, and mainly the ones used from the fuel injectors. What did you tap into the Yel/Black wire? You definitely have a short somewhere and something isn't hooked up right.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Do not purchase anything from me. -HT Staff

we still havent teared out the harness yet.. too lazy.. im trying to wait for the ecu so we could just do everything at once. THANKS!
Old 03-30-2003, 09:26 AM

Default Re: h22 swap just finish ! (H22AEG)

Can you use the accord midshaft and DSS axles, just as long as you let them know what your setup is?
Old 03-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 swap just finish ! (redlineh22a)

yep!
Old 03-30-2003, 03:32 PM

Default Re: h22 swap just finish ! (redlineh22a)

Can you use the accord midshaft and DSS axles, just as long as you let them know what your setup is?
yep. have to let them know you're using an accord midshaft and what mount kit