Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22 swap gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 swap gone wrong

Okay i bought this 92 sedan and got a h22 swap installed..Everything was straight forward.The car was taken completely APART on the inside dash off,fusebox disconnected,fuses laying everywhere bolts in the glovebox seats taken out.The previous owner took everything apart to do a wire tuck.never finished.the lock cylinder was broken and the key is rougue.

Despite all this the car started with a p13 auto ecu jdm.First time no problems.Fuel pumped primed engine started ran ok.I proceeded to finish the install odds and ends.Next day i try to start the fuel pump doesnt prime.The cel remains on with key in on position.I have no spark or power to injectors.I have replaced the main relay to no avail.Currently i am starting the car by moving the ignition switch with a screwdriver.The lock cylinder turns freely with any key.

I have replaced main relay
check ground at t stat
check for voltage at ecu plug a25 and d1 NO VOLTAGE
Replaced ecu with chipped p28 from ebay seller with h22 basemap
Checked and checked fuses
Jumped 1 and 7 and 5 and 7 on main relay harness.fuel pump does indeed come on.engine still doesnt start.New relay and ecu
Tested power on main relay with ignition off and on everything appears operational.

I know my problem is i dont have voltage at a25 and d1 at the ecu plugs.The car started and ran good.I have replaced at least 100 honda motors,and done mutiple swaps.Never had issues like this.

I will replace the lock cylinder and switch..IM convinced not having a key in the ignition is the problem.There is small black connector on the lock cylinder harness thats close to the key. will the ecu not power up without a key? why would it start once and not again?

IM puzzled and have searched for hours. Ronj@ht i need you to chime in!!

Sorry for the rant
Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 swap gone wrong

bump need it up and running
Old 08-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Cut wires or blown fuses are about the only way I can see the ecu power not working. Maybe you'll have to check if the fuse holders relating to the pgmfi/ecu components even have power. Try jumping the wire directly to the battery to see if everything else works, then you can focus just on the source for those power wires.

The key just allows the heavy-gauge wires to connect. OBD1 ecu's don't use immobilizers.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks hiprofile.I tested continuity beetween the main relay and a25 NO CONTINUITY.If i take the fuse 18 out i still dont have power on the FUSEBOX itself in that slot.IM gonnna get a new dash harness.I ran 2 hot wires to a25 and b1 with no luck.i do have power at fuse 24..kinda at a loss thanks for the help.