Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22 swap in eg

Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 swap in eg

ok so i picked up a 95 hatch with jdm h22a swap and i like it the car runs great pulls hard but it vibrates A LOT like in side the car everything vibrates and rattles. i know half the problem is i have stock CIVIC exhaust with stock CIVIC cat which doesnt help being restricted and ive also got stupid solid ebay mounts in it. just wondering if any other h22 eg guys could help me on what mounts to do and what i can do to subside the vibration. cause its so loud inside the car cant even have a conversation..
Old 02-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 swap in eg

Has the guy took apart the dash? If he has then he might have half assed it puttin together and not put all the screws and clips in. Or check ur rear engine mount, u might need to replace it if its worn or torn seein how it is closer to the firewall and cause everything to vibrate inside
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's dc dash swapped but the dash isn't the only thing that rattles the rear quarter plastics vibrate, vibrates the windshield so the rear view mirror vibrates, everything. Everything vibrates and I hate it. I've got solid egay mounts and stock exhaust for a civic could any of that do it?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can u feel the floor board shake too? Mayb u should check ur exhaust pipe hangers ( the rubber thing that holds the exhaust piping up, might b hittin underneath and causing rattling.

Also have u checked ur motor mounts to see if they haven't been worn or torn? My brother rear motor mount was worn out and was hittin metal causing to vibrate the inside the car and we could hear a thud whenever he shifts. Changed it out and problem fixed.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Eg.ls.turbo
Can u feel the floor board shake too? Mayb u should check ur exhaust pipe hangers ( the rubber thing that holds the exhaust piping up, might b hittin underneath and causing rattling.

Also have u checked ur motor mounts to see if they haven't been worn or torn? My brother rear motor mount was worn out and was hittin metal causing to vibrate the inside the car and we could hear a thud whenever he shifts. Changed it out and problem fixed.
lol no exhaust is fine is vibration from the motor, and mounts are all solid thats where im gonna start. just trying to figure out what mounts people used for full h22 swap and it was comfortable with little to no vibration!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ hasport egh3 kit. i love mine. not much vibration at all