Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 swap... in civic..

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 swap in a civic... banging noise

I just did a h22 swap in my civic\sol I drove it about 3 times... and then i went to drive it last night and there was a loud banging from the right side axle area.. this didnt happen the first couple times and it only happens if i have it in gear and turn the wheel. It sounds like its slaping against somthing or since it only does it when i have in gear i was thinking maybe the axle is trying to rip it self out of the tranny or somthing? Anyone have any suggestions, I am gonna head under it tommorow and see whats up with it.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Re: H22 swap in a civic... banging noise (bmrgold)

nah your problem is probably in the pivit point, im guessing you have dropped your car?? if not then i may be talkin bout something else...my car was fine until i dropped the car, then i had a binding noise, shakes the whole car...turbogixxxer recomended putting in lude cv joints, there on the way so i can tell u if it works for me, other then that a shop had told me axel diameter could b the problem as well... well, i guess you need to post more specs on ur swap and what engine, tranny, axels, shaft...and car trim...your running...
Old 04-17-2004, 03:21 AM

Default Re: H22 swap in a civic... banging noise (Ddogz15)

yea i forget what axles they were... its droped only about an inch the swap is a 94jdm in a 94delsol, Yea i wasnt having a problem the first couple of days so i dont know what is going on now :\

Ill be checking it out today after i get out of work around noon.