Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 Swap Axles

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 Swap Axles

Alright, here it is. I got my Honda tuned, and it should be running a low 14, maybe a high 13 with slicks, but we still have some problems. Apparently, my tranny spewed out pretty much all the Lucas gear oil (which isn't cheap), and my tuner buddies told me that its because my passenger side axle is popping in and out. They showed me, and it has some play in it. They said to use the Prelude pass. side axle, but thats not what I was told in the swap walkthrough. He told me to buy some Gator lifetime axles. Thoughts... Suggestions... Also my car is idling rough, making the Woombaaa sound, and were almost certain its the IAC. Before I go and buy a new one, is that most likely the scenario. Thanks, Bob.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: H22 Swap Axles (rfoster03)

what axles do u have in it now?

if ur using the integra axle, yeah u have to put a Prelude or Accord inner joint on it so that it will fit in to the tranny properly. but u do not use the entire prelude axle, just the inner joint.

from what i hear, Gators are very good, i have a sed of DSS and also some Raxles that i use, both are good.

for the rough idle, u might wanna check ur timing again.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H22 Swap Axles (hondaZvic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what axles do u have in it now?

if ur using the integra axle, yeah u have to put a Prelude or Accord inner joint on it so that it will fit in to the tranny properly. but u do not use the entire prelude axle, just the inner joint.

from what i hear, Gators are very good, i have a sed of DSS and also some Raxles that i use, both are good.

for the rough idle, u might wanna check ur timing again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You dont have to use any of the lude axle at all. All you need are 93 teg axles w/ 94 accord intermediate shaft and you should be fine. Not sure why your passenger axle is popping out. That one should just lock right into the tranny. Did you make absolutely sure you locked it in all the way? Meaning, you could feel a kind of locking feeling when you put it in? I almost didnt put mine in all the way one time and luckily had a buddy of mine show me what i should be feeling when installing that axle.

But for your application (lightly modded im guessing) you shouldnt need anything beefier then an oem replacement.

As for your idling, mine idles kinda goofy too sometimes. Does it happen the most at initial startup? And once it gets warm it really doesnt do it that much? If so, thats the same situation I have. Haven't been able to get ahold of another IACV to do any experimenting, but Im almost certain its the IACV as well.