Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!!

Is it just me or do the place racing mounts just plain suck? Vibrations all the time, now my tranny mount cracks and drops the engine! WTF?!? Anyone have any suggestions? I have a completely built engine plus 125 shot.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (civicsitek)

get Hasport or HCP mounts
Old 10-06-2002, 10:45 PM

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (hot_EG)

I've got the ansewer for you........................GET HCP!!
Old 10-06-2002, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (civicsitek)

sounds like your car is a beast. get those motor mounts and tell us the times!
Old 10-07-2002, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it just me or do the place racing mounts just plain suck? Vibrations all the time, now my tranny mount cracks and drops the engine! WTF?!? Anyone have any suggestions? I have a completely built engine plus 125 shot.
completely built h22 and a 125 shot?? i hope u get mounts soon, i cant wait to see your times.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:03 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been using HCP mounts for a long time now, and had the HCP mounts in my EG hatch for over 10 months, with lots of abuse to it. Never had any problems, and no vibrations. Ran with a 100 shot at the track a total of 4 times but never had any problems with any mounts breaking or even coming lose.

I've seen picts of a HASport H22 mount kit breaking - actually the driver's side mount scheering right in half when drag racing. Never seen an HCP H22 EG kit break yet from racing, and I sell quite a bit of them.

Old 10-08-2002, 07:13 AM
New User

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (Newman)

every kit have their problem. Look at my HCP rear mount after one night at the 1/8 mile race. I think this is the only problem I had with this kit. Now I did my bushing and had no problem since this time. HCP should use a better rear bushing than this one... just a suggestion
Old 10-08-2002, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (Civic Rs)

Fist time I've ever seen/heard a problem with the HCP kit.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (dom93hatch)

Too bad hcp is such a hassle to deal with. They boned me more than one time and refuse to do anything about it. I would SAY AWAY FROM HCP!
Old 10-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (erniecars)

yo that sux
Old 10-08-2002, 11:16 AM
New User

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (erniecars)

Too bad hcp is such a hassle to deal with. They boned me more than one time and refuse to do anything about it. I would SAY AWAY FROM HCP!
FYI, HCP does not sell directly to the public, but only to distributors... and those distributors sell the HCP products. If the distributor fucked you in one way or another, then that sucks (PM me with details - I can take care of it), but HCP themselves do not sell to the public... they mainly do wholesale to distributors. I sell HCP mounts and if a customer has a problem (which they have in the past), I replace or refund them with whatever is needed, thus keeping the customer happy. Sorry to hear of your bad dealings.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (Newman)

thats good to know you dont have to deal with them directly. I bought a motor from them. George at hcp also owns http://www.hmotorsports.com which sells engines. He totally lied about the quality of the motor and didnt give me half the stuff I paid for. Now he wont answer the phone and he wont reply to my emails. I know where he lives and im thinking over going to his house to talk to him directly but last time i talked to him on the phone he said there was nothing he could do. He owes me new axles, motor mounts, sensors, and a ton of other stuff that was either not included or totally broken on the motor. I spent double what i paid for the motor getting it to run.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI, HCP does not sell directly to the public, but only to distributors... and those distributors sell the HCP products. If the distributor fucked you in one way or another, then that sucks (PM me with details - I can take care of it), but HCP themselves do not sell to the public... they mainly do wholesale to distributors. I sell HCP mounts and if a customer has a problem (which they have in the past), I replace or refund them with whatever is needed, thus keeping the customer happy. Sorry to hear of your bad dealings.
I bought a set of mounts directly from HCP via paypal. Got the mounts, but no instructions even though I was told they would come with them. Called several times and never got ANYBODY at all on the phone. emails were never returned. Oh well. That was like a year ago though.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:57 PM

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (hot_EG)

I see you guys like the HCP kit over the place racing kit is this true?
Old 10-08-2002, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Where can I buy HCP motor mount online? Can you guys give me some good and cheap website?
Old 10-08-2002, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (RJonathan)

I see you guys like the HCP kit over the place racing kit is this true?
yes. HCP and HASport are big time good quality...

Newman, i'd like to see this HASport snapped mount

as for

Where can I buy HCP motor mount online? Can you guys give me some good and cheap website?
Newman will be able to sell them to you. Very good customer service from him.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:36 PM
New User

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (poison)

i also give newman a
he took care of me
Old 10-09-2002, 08:45 AM
New User

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (poison)

Newman, i'd like to see this HASport snapped mount
http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.ph...ar&Main=966839

The picts are offline (or moved) but that's the original post.

Old 10-09-2002, 11:00 AM
New User

Place racing makes some good stuff, they have an unconditional warranty so if they ever break or crack or melt you can send them back and get a new one no matter what. For a stiff motor mount vibrations are what you should expect, if you feel no vibrations then that means the vibrations are dampened by something else like the mounts wich means that they are not completely stiff. After getting energy suspension motor mount inserts I felt a large increase in vibrations. As for them breaking, I don't know how well the HASport will hold up to the same amount of stress, maybe the HASport mount will bend and give a little slack while something else is breaking or wearing quickly. I guess breaking things are a typical problem when you have very large amounts of horsepower
Old 10-09-2002, 11:44 AM
New User

Default Re: h22 place racing mount broke in my civic first day at the track!! (blueG2)

I deal with Newman me too and I have nothing bad to said about him. Great service he send me a mount when the other one broke, But I had the same problem with the new one I did one by myself with 3 hockey puck... yes you read right I go to a machine shop to have the good dimension and put in the rear mount with 3M polyeurethane and no more problem since 3 month and I did a lot of race