Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 Injector question / swap into hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H22 Injector question / swap into hatchback

Forgive me if I ask a question that has been answered.

I have been reading the h22a swap thread into a EG for a while now and I see that the h22a obd1 engine states you need to use a resistor box for "Peak and Hold" Injectors. I ask this because i notice there are the early H22a engines that are OBD1 and then they have the OBD2 and then the later most OBD2a/b "forget which one". Why dont people just use a 4 pack of saturated injectors instead so they don't have to wire up that big ugly looking injector box?

Is there a large price difference between P&H vs Saturated?

After looking at http://www.msdignition.com/fuel_3.htm this link other then the .5 ms time difference, is this going to adversely affect a stock/semi stock to slightly modified engine "upping cp ratio + higher duration cams + porting" down the road?

Thoughts please.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 Injector question / swap into hatchback (likwidchz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by likwidchz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">". Why dont people just use a 4 pack of saturated injectors instead so they don't have to wire up that big ugly looking injector box?
: </TD></TR></TABLE>

They do!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by likwidchz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
is this going to adversely affect a stock/semi stock to slightly modified engine "upping cp ratio + higher duration cams + porting" down the road?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

adversely, no its not.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Fantastic thanks for the reply.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (likwidchz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by likwidchz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why dont people just use a 4 pack of saturated injectors instead so they don't have to wire up that big ugly looking injector box?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because if you buy a complete OBDI swap, you already have peak and hold. If you're doing your own harness, it's very simple to add the resistor box wiring in when you already have the harness opened up/hacked apart. If you have a premade harness that doesn't include the resistor box wiring, then by all means see if you can get a saturated set. Oh yea, the resistor box isn't very big.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
is this going to adversely affect a stock/semi stock to slightly modified engine "upping cp ratio + higher duration cams + porting" down the road?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
It shouldn't.